Review of Rogue

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Review of Rogue

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Rogue" by Tam DeRudder Jackson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

How much is your honor worth? What could make you sacrifice being respected by your family? Honor is an important topic in Tam Derudder Jackson’s novel Rogue. The sixth book of the Talisman Series, this book focuses on Baz Cormac and Delaney Ferrell.

As a warrior, Baz has to find his mate by the time he turns twenty-eight. He becomes a rogue and allies with Morrigan when this does not happen. As an adult, Baz is facing the same men he grew up around. However, Baz doesn’t intend to stay a rogue. He wants to create a mercenary army of warriors who face the same predicament with the hope that other gods will protect them from Morrigan. After capturing Ian McCloud for Morrigan, he realizes he has lost two of his closest friends. He becomes roommates with Jamie, a young rogue with potential in his group. While he sends his best friend, Rory, and Jamie to find recruits, he develops a safety plan.

Delaney Ferrell, the girlfriend of Ian, investigates Ian’s property. Delaney is a talisman with warrior training, making her a deadly adversary to any challengers. Unbeknownst to Delaney, Ian’s next-door neighbor has targeted her. Baz overpowers Delaney but shocks her by sparing her life. Why would a sworn enemy allow her to live?

Rogue has several good themes included throughout the story. One of which is loyalty, despite differences. I felt Baz was looking for this connection when he became a rogue while facing exile. I thought the clans were callous, but there was a reason for their actions. Delaney also felt the same because she thought she should have been a warrior. Trust is heavily ingrained in this story. Without trust, a real partnership cannot develop. This includes on the battlefield and everyday interactions.

This book is professionally edited. The transitions between Baz and Delaney’s perspectives were clear and concise. This story deserves a rating of five out of five stars.

Because of the vivid depictions of violence and sexual activity, I will only recommend Rogue to adult readers. There are several mentions of Greek gods and they appear within the story. Despite being part of a series, it can be read as a standalone story easily. The book contains magic, death, and a moderate amount of profanity. If you enjoy steamy enemy-to-lovers romances, then this book will satisfy your needs.

Rogue
View: on Bookshelves
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
Kayla Archer
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-archer.html
Latest Review: One Jesus, One Way by The Proving Jesus Group

Post by Kayla Archer »

I found this line eye-catching: “If you enjoy steamy enemy-to-lovers romances, then this book will satisfy your needs.” Very nice review. I like when books can stand sine in a series, bc then you have the option to either keep reading that series or quit if it wasn’t for you.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I love a steamy romance but this one seems too fantastic for my taste. But @Kayla Archer was right. That was a great line!
Good job, my friend!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”