Review of In Time Forever

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Obinna Chima Agoms
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bibliophile-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Why Rock The Boat When You Don't Know How To Swim? by Daniel Sebata

Review of In Time Forever

Post by Obinna Chima Agoms »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "In Time Forever" by Stefan Raicu.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In In Time Forever by Stefan Raicu, Rudy Balan was the son of a billionaire, George Balan. Their company, Serpens Limited, employed thousands of people. George Balan was the ultimate controller of his family, but there was one thing he had found difficult to control — the reproduction of male children. From the time of his grandfather, Ion Balan, the Balan family seemed cursed with female children. George's only son, Rudy, had only three girls and no son to inherit the family fortune. George decided to take matters into his own hands and orchestrated events to achieve what he desired. He couldn't have imagined the dire consequences of his meddling with fate, which placed his family on the wrong side of paranormal powers.

The story morphed from a seemingly harmless family story to a complicated and potentially deadly one, with a dive into the paranormal. This twist brought a certain intrigue and even suspense to the entire story as I followed the strange journey of Rudy. This shocking twist was only the first of many, as the story had jaw-dropping plot arcs. The author teased readers with an exciting setting change from Sydney, Australia, to Romania. The change brought an equally exciting change in the story's pace and an even more complicated plot.

This book showed the trappings of wealth and power and the consequences that sometimes came with it. However, the story also projected the power of love to make and destroy and curse and heal. This aspect of the story elicited strong emotions that readers could feel from its pages — from despair to anger and then a sense of sad resignation. By the end of the book, readers might find themselves introspecting on the frail nature of human life and the vanity of it all.

I was disappointed in Rudy's character and the somewhat unemotional and cruel way he handled some of the events in the book. It seemed like a contradiction to his persona that came through as kind and emotionally committed. He was one of those characters you'd look up to but might end up despising. The book had an exciting array of characters that brought different vibes to the story. There was the elite and dutiful wife, the beautiful gold-digging mistress, the official that used his post for his personal needs, and the weird woman with the crystal ball (or coffee cup, in this case). Overall, the characters were intriguing, and George, in a sinister way, impressed me with his fearless arrogance. His character reminded me of Lucious Lyon of Empire, with their akin tendencies to manipulate and control people.

Overall, the story was a well-written, entertaining, and exceptionally edited book. Readers may find themselves sober at the profound sadness permeating the story. I'd recommend this book to readers who enjoy some bits of the paranormal and romance. There was nothing for which to fault this book. Therefore, I'd rate this book five out of five stars.

In Time Forever
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ilze Herholdt
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Salt of the Earth
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ilze-herholdt.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos

Post by Ilze Herholdt »

I am not a fan of paranormal activities; therefore, I will pass on reading this book. Thank you for your review.
Hubre De Klerk
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Currently Reading: Forged in Death
Bookshelf Size: 476
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hubre-de-klerk.html
Latest Review: Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1) by Janet McNulty
Reading Device: B075XP6ZZ4
fav_author_id: 3720

Post by Hubre De Klerk »

This book has been moved to my to-read shelves. The plot sounds very intriguing and suspenseful. I have seen how frustrating it can be when you want something so badly, but it stays just out of your grasp. But meddling with something as big as this is just calling for danger and evil. I would love to read this book and find out what happened!
Yasmine M
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

How ignorant of this family to not let their female relatives to inherit. I didn't expect the story to have a paranormal twist. The review mentions a profound sadness to be expected in the story; is there any chance of a happy ending ?
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I've never read books about the paranormal yet. I don't like horror movies so I think it's the same with the book. But your review is great. Well done!
Abimbola Oladokun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abimbola-oladokun.html
Latest Review: Diabolus In Musica by Richard Rees

Post by Abimbola Oladokun »

I like the story line and the involvement of the paranormal, so I think I'll take a chance and read this. Splendid review by the way!
Grace Elkana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-elkana.html
Latest Review: Humanity Works Better by Debbie Cohen, Kate Roeske-Zummer

Post by Grace Elkana »

Wealth can really be a big issue when it comes to relationships. However, it shouldn't be. People should be able to love without the wealth barrier. Well, like you said, this book is proof that love can conquer all.
Grace Lee Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-lee-rose.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Grace Lee Rose »

I don't think I will enjoy this book because of its paranormal theme. And because of this, I'll skip this one. Your review is well-written and embodies all the qualities that can attract a potential reader.
Ogunkoya Mayowa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogunkoya-mayowa.html
Latest Review: Why Did Buffy's Fur Go Flat? by Erin Hill and Dr. Russ Hill

Post by Ogunkoya Mayowa »

A book that talks about how George, a billionaire has a problem controlling the reproduction of male children in his family and later took on himself to find a solution to the problem. The book has great suspense and the characters are intriguing. Nice review.
CrossK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crossk.html
Latest Review: Re-Making the American Dream by David Vaught

Post by CrossK »

I like the plot sound of this novel. It is wonderful. That is why I commend the author of this book. Nice review

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”