Review of Alternative Energy II

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Review of Alternative Energy II

Post by José Cortez »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Alternative Energy II" by Marc Gregory.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Brandon partied all night and passed out on a boat. He woke up the next morning with a hangover. With the little strength he could muster, he stood up and went in search of people. He met Adlar, Nick, and Dong. They were the only ones who were on the boat. He found out that the boat was heading to Amsterdam. He begged them to turn the boat back, but they refused. On further inquiries, he learned that he was going to be on the boat for thirty days before reaching or even seeing anything that looked like land. How did he and the guys survive on the boat for a month? Did they make it back to Amsterdam with the boat in one piece?

Tatiana was a blind woman from Ukraine. She was a teacher to four blind children at an orphanage. She and Brandon met at the Red Light District. Brandon took a liking to the young woman, and so did Tatiana. They both walked to the central station together before parting ways. They bumped into each other on the day he got his passport. After having dinner with Tatiana and the children, Brandon was conflicted about leaving. He only knew her for a day or two, but he felt he was ready to abandon his whole life for her. The flight ticket had already been booked, so there was no way he could change his mind, or did he end up changing his mind?

Marc Gregory is such a talented author; this book is a masterpiece. There are so many things I love about this book. The storytelling technique was beautiful. The story started on a suspenseful note. I was so surprised when I learned that Brandon would spend thirty days of his life on a boat. I wondered if he and the guys would make it out alive. This made me interested in reading the book. The story became mysterious when Brandon and the guys started seeing things. Brandon even saw a woman in the ocean that made him jump into it. I didn’t know how it happened until I learned that they were taking drugs on the boat. I learned the side effects of drugs from this book. After I learned this, I understood several things that occurred on the boat. It was as if I was in the boat with them. I couldn’t differentiate between what was an illusion and what was real again. It was as if I was on drugs too. I felt everything. It was like I was part of the characters. I don’t know how Marc did it, but I must say it is commendable. Not all books can make me feel this way. Marc took me on a crazy adventure in this book. I experienced several emotions while I read this book. Marc tried to make this book look so real. He depicted Nick, Adlar, and Dong as uneducated people and pirates. So he tried to make them speak like it. Their English wasn’t all that good, but I understood it. This is one of the many things I love about this book. One thing I noticed about Brandon is that he gives his all when he loves someone. That’s why when he loses their love, it breaks him. The ending of this book did not only break him, but it also broke me as well. I love the simple language in which this book was written. I never once had to refer to my dictionary to understand any of the words in this book.

The language of the uneducated in this book disturbed me at some point, but the fact that I could understand it changed everything for me. The amount of profanity I found in this book was quite disturbing. On every page of this book, I found one or two profane words. I found a lot of errors in this book. The corrections to most of the errors were just spaces. So, the errors were not that major, but they were still many. These were the only things I didn’t like about the book.

I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted a star because of the errors I found in the book. I didn’t deduct any more stars because of the positive aspects I stated above. I recommend Alternative Energy II Blow Me to readers who have read the first book. They would understand this book so much more. I would also recommend it to lovers of romance books because of the number of sexual scenes in the book.

Alternative Energy II
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mercy Sos Christopher
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-sos-christopher.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Mercy Sos Christopher »

Woww very intriguing. I am very interested already. Your review gave a well detailed account of the book and your review contains so much suspense and it's keeping me at the edge of my seat. Will definitely read this book to find out how Brandon and the other guys survived on the boat .. thanks for the review. I love it
Ceeco2002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ceeco2002.html
Latest Review: Rebuilt Recovery - Complete Series by Heather L Phipps

Post by Ceeco2002 »

I'm curious to find out how Brandon and the guys survived on the boat for a month. Your review is well-written and detailed. Kudos!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”