Review of The Unconditional Nature of Love and Fate

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of The Unconditional Nature of Love and Fate

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Unconditional Nature of Love and Fate" by Melpomeni Efron.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Polimnia, a student of English at the University of Connecticut situated in Storrs, passionately falls in love with Daniel. He's a Jew who has been conscripted to fight in the ongoing Viet Cong War against the United States. During one of her visits to the London Library to read up on an occultic genre of literature, she meets with a runic diviner. Not only did her life take a new and tragic toll on her alone, but the lives of Helena, Yehuda, Daniel, Ruth, and even Benjamin are also set to experience a rather discomforting change. Are love and fate truly intertwined? Why does fate's cruel head rear up on the verge of pure bliss and happiness? Melpomeni Efron weaves a heart-rending and emotional narrative around fate and love in the book The Unconditional Nature of Love and Fate.

I strongly agree with Alfred Lord Tennyson when he says, "man is man and master of his fate." In a nutshell, we are the real 'shamans' of our lives, and we determine the extent fate can dictate for us. If only Polimnia had understood this, there might have been an aversion to the many tragic events that plagued her life with woe and turbulence. She fails to realize that life is a battle of words. For instance, when the runic diviner foretells Polimnia's future, she keeps it in her heart and seems to give it an upper hand over the affairs of her life. She consciously and unconsciously spews them out in her utterances to Daniel.

Moreso, I marveled at how unfair and cruel fate can be. It takes a penchant to show up at the most blissful moments and mess them up, including moments of love, happiness, peace, and stability. Polimnia, Helena, Ruth, and Yehuda battled with fate's tantrums, and this leaves me asking if fate is meant to be fought against or accepted wholeheartedly. Despite Polimnia's outright promiscuity, lies and misfortunes, she remains my favorite character. I love her resilient, charismatic, and accommodating spirit. I love how she makes lemonade with the limes that life throws at her. I hope she walks down the aisle of true happiness and bliss someday.

I disliked only one thing about the book. I don't think the cover picture revealed the beautiful content of the book. Notwithstanding, its sequential and well-arranged structure is worthy of note. The author spices up his writing with idioms, proverbial sayings, and factual details of real-life happenings.

I'm glad to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. I only spotted two errors. I'm convinced the book was professionally edited. I recommend this book to readers of tragic romance novels. But due to erotic content, I suggest children should skip this novel.

The Unconditional Nature of Love and Fate
View: on Bookshelves
Wren Michaels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wren-michaels.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by Wren Michaels »

Thank you for your review. It is not often someone comments on the cover of a novel but I think it is a valid part of a readers first impressions
Josephine Mercy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephine-mercy.html
Latest Review: In the Shadow of an Irish God by SD Barry

Post by Josephine Mercy »

It will be great to read about Polimnia's life.
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

Polimnia life is a great experience for me.i never believed in unconditional love and faith , however , polimnia's life prove me wrong. I must read this book to the end.
Michaeleedsy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michaeleedsy.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Michaeleedsy »

The subject of fate and love are always complex to discuss, and I'd love to see how the author explores it in this story. Polimnia is an interesting character, and I'd love to read this book. Thanks for your honest review.
Roy Nick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Post by Roy Nick »

Is the book under the romance genre? I ask because I do not see any erotic underpinnings. Nonetheless, I enjoyed reading your review.
R_becca
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by R_becca »

Your review makes me want to read this book badly. Polimnia's character sounds so interesting . It's a must-read for me
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

This seems like an intriguing and different read. Polimnia's life sounds quite interesting. Thanks for the great review!

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”