Couples you love to read about

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Re: Couples you love to read about

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

jennylee wrote:You can't go wrong with the epic life-long love story of Claire Randell and Jamie Fraser in the Outlander series. This is so relevant due to the success of the Starz television series but the books by Diana Gabaldon are amazingly detailed and follow the time-traveling Claire from Post WWII to the 1700's where she is thrown into the primitive and dangerous world of the Scottish Highlanders. As she meets and is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, what starts as a marriage to save Claire's life, ends up as a love affair that spans several "lifetimes" and a merging of two souls. Fascinating characters in history from the Bonnie Price Charlie himself to important players in the American Revolution such as George Washington and Benedict Arnold show up as readers progress through the series. Gabaldon is renowned for her eye for detail and whether she is describing the dress, the customs, the practices of using herbal remedies that Claire utilizes as a healer, or battle sequences, the series is well written and engages the reader in a fascinating story of time-travel and love.
Jamie and Claire are one of my favorite couples! For all the reasons you mention, I can't get enough of them.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

I read a series a couple years ago called Saving Wishes and the two characters in it were so addicting. The main character was a girl named Charlie, and I felt like she was so easy to relate to. I recommend that series!
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Zelici
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zelici.html

Post by Zelici »

I love, love, love, LOVE Kelley Armstrong's Elena and Clay! They fit together like puzzle pieces and they have this bond that is just.. I love it. Their love is intense and long enduring. Those kinds of romances make me the happiest and give me the most hope.
Mikekim11511
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mikekim11511.html

Post by Mikekim11511 »

I see a good bit of y'all have mentioned Kristen Ashley books. I have never read her but definitely will now! I love to read S.C. Stephens, Sylvia Day, Abbi Glines..... I love a couple I can relate too but I also have my times where I like something non-relatible so I have to use my imagination a little more :) depends on my mood. I'm sure all you ladies can relate.
JaydaMax
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaydamax.html

Post by JaydaMax »

For me it's Mac and Barrons in Karen Marie Morning's Fever series. Barrons is a mystery in a riddle wrapped in sex on legs. Mac's evolution from spoiled woman-child to kick ass warrior is heart wrenching. The push/pull between them just leaves me wanting more. The series is one of my all time favorites, KMM created a truly amazing world.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I'd forgotten about them but I do love Scarlett and Rhett!
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

Tess & Quincy (Pepper Winters), Damali & Carlos (L.A. Banks)
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
archylove
Currently Reading: Midnight Soul
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-archylove.html

Post by archylove »

Penny Reid, Kristen Ashley, Aurora Rose Reynolds, Ahren Sanders, KC Lynn all great at writing couples I love
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

JaydaMax wrote:For me it's Mac and Barrons in Karen Marie Morning's Fever series. Barrons is a mystery in a riddle wrapped in sex on legs. Mac's evolution from spoiled woman-child to kick ass warrior is heart wrenching. The push/pull between them just leaves me wanting more. The series is one of my all time favorites, KMM created a truly amazing world.
Ditto!!
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
mommyreadsbooks
Currently Reading: Unspeakable Acts
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mommyreadsbooks.html
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie

Post by mommyreadsbooks »

I honestly like a lot of different types of romance. I kind of like the love triangles and also I like the reunited love, but new love is good too.
Latest Review: "Once A God" by Victor A. Wilkie
jleecarlson
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jleecarlson.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by jleecarlson »

I LOVE Cormoran Strike and Robin from Robert Galbraith (J.K. Rowling). They aren't romantically involved (yet), but they have such good chemistry. I'm hoping the end the of the third book means SOMETHING will happen. I also enjoy the Kate Redman series and her relationships with her fellow officers and boss/lover. Tana French writes some great characters in her Dublin Murder Squad and even though the viewpoint shifts in each book, I enjoy each partner's relationships.
Tabitha_Marie
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tabitha-marie.html

Post by Tabitha_Marie »

born2read82 wrote:I am a big fan of Jeanine Frost, especially the Night Huntress series with Cat and Bones. I also like Fallen Crest series by Tijan with Mason and Samantha. Logan is a great addition to these books, even though he isn't part of the "couple." I seem to fall for the protective hero in books, whether or not the heroine actually needs the protection!
I absolutely love Tijan! I try and read everything Tijan puts out. The men she writes about are just so easy to fall for.
RWorth82
Currently Reading: The Fiery Cross
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rworth82.html

Post by RWorth82 »

Jennifer Allsbrook wrote:You can't go wrong with the epic life-long love story of Claire Randell and Jamie Fraser in the Outlander series. This is so relevant due to the success of the Starz television series but the books by Diana Gabaldon are amazingly detailed and follow the time-traveling Claire from Post WWII to the 1700's where she is thrown into the primitive and dangerous world of the Scottish Highlanders. As she meets and is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, what starts as a marriage to save Claire's life, ends up as a love affair that spans several "lifetimes" and a merging of two souls. Fascinating characters in history from the Bonnie Price Charlie himself to important players in the American Revolution such as George Washington and Benedict Arnold show up as readers progress through the series. Gabaldon is renowned for her eye for detail and whether she is describing the dress, the customs, the practices of using herbal remedies that Claire utilizes as a healer, or battle sequences, the series is well written and engages the reader in a fascinating story of time-travel and love.
I totally agree!
I also love Barrons and Mac from Karen Moning's "Fever" series. It's a perfect example of 'opposites attract'. I couldn't stop reading, and was so depressed when I finished the series. I needed more!
Adamandia
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 17">bloody earth</a>
Currently Reading: Stalked by love
Bookshelf Size: 106
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adamandia.html

Post by Adamandia »

The couples I love to read about are couples that respect and admire each other. I like them the heroines to be strong, mature, intelligent, ambitious and kind. The male character should be an Alpha male who admires and respects his partner. Both characters should be supportive of each other. And most of all I hate the heroine that cries all the time!!!!! Writters that usually portray such couples are: Karen Marie Moning, Cristin Harber, Linda Howard, Kris Michaels, Christina Lauren, Hannah Howell, Dahlia West and so many more that I cannot recall.

-- 14 Oct 2016, 11:52 --

I adored Barrons and Mac from the fever series and I cannot wait until Dani and Ryodan get together. Cannot wait until the next book releases I thin it will be released in Jan 2017
Beth E Stevens

Post by Beth E Stevens »

Gotta love JD ROBB In The Death Series

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”