Couples you love to read about

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jesska6029
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: The Harry Potter series
Currently Reading: It and Mr. Mercedes
Bookshelf Size: 279
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesska6029.html
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
fav_author_id: 1778

Couples you love to read about

Post by Jesska6029 »

Hey everyone!

I love to read love stories, and I love when couples stay together at the end of a good story. I have read a lot of Abbi Glines, S.C. Stephens, and a bit of Kresley Cole. Their ability to pair couples together is phenomenal. I love all of the couples from their books.

Who's your favorite book couple?
“Some failure in life is inevitable. It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all—in which case, you fail by default.” ~J.K. Rowling
Latest Review: "Texaners: Eight Short Stories" by T. F. Rhoden
msmail12
Favorite Author: Allyson James
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msmail12.html
Latest Review: "The Road to Round Mountain" by C.G. Roberts
fav_author_id: 8178

Post by msmail12 »

I love Gena Showalter's Ava Sans and Victor McKell. The two are so crazy its funny and Showalter's writing style was made for them or vice versa. It doesn't matter because I always get a laugh out of reading about these two.
Latest Review: "The Road to Round Mountain" by C.G. Roberts
seynaniang
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seynaniang.html

Post by seynaniang »

Where are all Kristen Ashley fans?!? My very favorite couples are hers: amazing alpha male + superb feminine lead character = hot, intense, funny romances!!
TarinaJ
Favorite Author: Too many to list
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Ophelia's Muse</a>
Currently Reading: Counting Stars
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarinaj.html
Latest Review: "People Centricity" by Stephen Hewett
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 6

Post by TarinaJ »

I am a HUGE Kristen Ashley fan! I just went to her book signing & Rock Chick Rendevous party in Alexandria. My favorite books of hers are Motorcycle Man, Sweet Dreams, and the Rock Chick series (Luke and Eva are my favorite). She is an automatic buy for me & I have her next book preordered.
Latest Review: "People Centricity" by Stephen Hewett
GandalfTheFey

Post by GandalfTheFey »

I love reading about Cormoran and Robin in the Cormoran Strike detective novels.

What? They aren't technically a couple? Bah humbug! It's soooo gonna happen ;)
Slip_up
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slip-up.html

Post by Slip_up »

I love Kristen Ashley she has such a way wth the alpha male. I also love Shelly Laurenston's way with her hilarious couples.
JeannieHallAuthor
Currently Reading: First Grave on the Right
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by JeannieHallAuthor »

Eve and Roarke from JD Robb's "In Death" series is my favorite. They don't always get along, but they are perfectly suited to one another. Their give and take gives my endless hours of entertainment! :)
DesiP
Currently Reading: Modern Wicked
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desip.html
Latest Review: "All Roads Lead to Hades" by K.S. Morgan
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by DesiP »

I like C. M. Owens. All the books I've read are series but I have read about three series from this author, and I reread each series at least once a year if not more. They are my go to stories. All of the couples are well written. They have great interactions with each other as well as all of the supporting characters in each book of their respective series. The stories flow very well, and are all cohesive.
Latest Review: "All Roads Lead to Hades" by K.S. Morgan
laurenrose
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurenrose.html

Post by laurenrose »

Jenny and Seth from Jenny Pox (The Paranormals) by JL Bryan This YA trilogy reads like a movie, with tons of action and humor. Plus it's got the classic weird girl and popular boy story line.
Michelle_H

Post by Michelle_H »

The couples in Lexi Blake's Masters and Mercenaries Series are all really great but my favourite would be Ian and Charlotte in Love and Let Die. The characters are well developed with a great storyline that shows all the twists and turns in their relationship. You have to love an alpha mercenary with a dry sense of humour.
Shelle
Currently Reading: For the Love
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelle.html
Latest Review: A Positive Thought a Day Keeps the Negative Away by Dr. Curtis E. Smith
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Shelle »

I really like the couples in Rainbow Rowell's books. They're written as if they're actual, real people, and not an idealized version of a couple. Actually, if Ms. Rowell just wants to write a whole series about Eleanor and Park, I'd be more than okay with that!
A book is a gift you can open again and again.
-Garrison Keillor
born2read82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-born2read82.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by born2read82 »

I am a big fan of Jeanine Frost, especially the Night Huntress series with Cat and Bones. I also like Fallen Crest series by Tijan with Mason and Samantha. Logan is a great addition to these books, even though he isn't part of the "couple." I seem to fall for the protective hero in books, whether or not the heroine actually needs the protection!
lmoses
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline

Post by lmoses »

Though not a romance book, a couple I love to read about is Liam Callahan and Melody Giovanni from the Ruthless People series by J.J. McAvoy. I love how their relationship is able to bloom even though they are mafia bosses and often have to find a way to overcome the law.
Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
Jennifer Allsbrook
Favorite Book: Nightlord: Sunset
Currently Reading: An American Hedge Fund
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-allsbrook.html
Latest Review: Audible Book of your Choice by Amazon

Post by Jennifer Allsbrook »

You can't go wrong with the epic life-long love story of Claire Randell and Jamie Fraser in the Outlander series. This is so relevant due to the success of the Starz television series but the books by Diana Gabaldon are amazingly detailed and follow the time-traveling Claire from Post WWII to the 1700's where she is thrown into the primitive and dangerous world of the Scottish Highlanders. As she meets and is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, what starts as a marriage to save Claire's life, ends up as a love affair that spans several "lifetimes" and a merging of two souls. Fascinating characters in history from the Bonnie Price Charlie himself to important players in the American Revolution such as George Washington and Benedict Arnold show up as readers progress through the series. Gabaldon is renowned for her eye for detail and whether she is describing the dress, the customs, the practices of using herbal remedies that Claire utilizes as a healer, or battle sequences, the series is well written and engages the reader in a fascinating story of time-travel and love.
Kitekat
Currently Reading: Promise
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kitekat.html
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Post by Kitekat »

Kristen Ashley and her couples do it for me every single time. Whenever I start reading or re-reading a book of hers it is with excitement and a spoonfull of hesitation. Her stories hit the spot every single time and leave me wanting for more. Other authors and hteir couples who can inspire similar feelings are Bella Jewel, T.M. Frazier, Belle Aurora, Tillie Cole, Jamie Begley, Aurora Rose Reynolds, Harper Sloan, J Daniels, .....
Latest Review: "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”