Review of The Fifie

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
John Kingsley Ken
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-kingsley-ken.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Re: Review of The Fifie

Post by John Kingsley Ken »

A story of love and romance with supernatural elements! This is surely a tempting spot for me. Nice review, Congrats on being the BOTD
Faith Stacy Leon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faith-stacy-leon.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Faith Stacy Leon »

What an intriguing fictional story. Lovers that found themselves in another world. Hope they would continue their relationship in the new world. This suspense thriller seems like a nice one to read. Congrats on BOTD.
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 176
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

Sampling Marco Collina's fictional story I felt like keep turning the pages. It so well written. The context of story brought back memories of my time in Scotland. I would like to read this sometime. Your review has captured the imagination without any spoilers. Well done! Congratulations on the BOTD!
Rodel Barnachea
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am fascinated by the story of how Maureen and Marcas fell in love with each other.
I congratulate the author for Book of the Day!
Tosin Le
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-le.html
Latest Review: The BLACK BOTTOM by Theo Czuk

Post by Tosin Le »

I've not read a fictional romantic novel so interesting as this. Lovers find themselves in another world. How were they able to cope? I hope their love stood the test of time. Congrats on the book of the day.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1375
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: All That I Love by Hina Yu Cao

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

I love read books with a plot like this. It looks like a story about reincarnation. Mark and Marla seem have a find character in this story.
Jeremie

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Andrew Butchers
Currently Reading: The Long Arm of Fantomas
Bookshelf Size: 51

Post by Andrew Butchers »

I just got a note that there was a new reply here but I don’t see anything.

What happened ?
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 806
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When Black Shoes Turn Red by Tom McKenna
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

The Fifie by Marco Collina seems to be an intriguing tale of love's endurance through time. I'm curious to see how Maureen and Marcas' passionate connection persists despite supernatural challenges, evolving into Mark and Marla's intense attraction.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 76
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: It's Hard to Be a Vampire by Viktoria Faust

Post by Dalia Chf »

Great review! I love novels that focus on the romance aspect and the power and struggles of love. It made me want to read this book even more!
a1coder
Currently Reading: Nimue
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by a1coder »

"The Fifie" by Marco Collina is a remarkable literary voyage that skillfully navigates the reader through a rich tapestry of history, culture, and the sea. Set against the evocative backdrop of 19th-century coastal Scotland, this book captures the essence of maritime life in exquisite detail, creating an immersive experience that lingers in the mind long after the last page has been turned.

From the very beginning, Collina's descriptive prose transports readers to the rugged shores and bustling fishing ports of Scotland. The narrative is teeming with sensory imagery that brings to life the salty breeze, the rhythmic creaking of ships, and the vibrant energy of the fishing communities. The author's thorough research and deep understanding of maritime history have been masterfully woven into the fabric of the story.

Central to the narrative is the titular "Fifie," a traditional fishing vessel that becomes more than just a vessel—it becomes a character in its own right. Collina's meticulous attention to maritime terminology, shipbuilding techniques, and the intricate workings of a fishing boat is nothing short of commendable. The Fifie's journey from its inception to its role in the livelihood of the community is told with reverence and authenticity.

What truly elevates "The Fifie" is its cast of characters, each one richly developed and uniquely memorable. From the resilient fishermen who navigate the treacherous waters to the vibrant women who hold the community together, every character's motivations, struggles, and triumphs are portrayed with empathy and depth. As relationships are forged and tested, readers are invited to witness the human spirit's resilience against the backdrop of a challenging maritime existence.

Collina's narrative prowess is evident in his ability to seamlessly blend historical accuracy with compelling storytelling. He effortlessly balances the technical aspects of fishing and sailing with the emotional arcs of the characters, creating a reading experience that is as educational as it is moving. Whether describing the intricacies of fishing techniques or exploring the personal conflicts of the characters, the author's prose is engaging and evocative.

"The Fifie" is a beautifully rendered exploration of human connections, the power of community, and the reverence for a way of life that has shaped generations. It's a book that resonates with those who are drawn to maritime history, as well as those who seek to understand the intricate threads that bind people to their environment.

In closing, "The Fifie" by Marco Collina is a captivating maritime tale that stands as a testament to the author's dedication to authenticity, his storytelling finesse, and his ability to transport readers to another time and place. If you're seeking a deeply immersive and enlightening literary journey, this book is a must-read.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

It does sound like this is a nice, wholesome love story - having to overcome the obstacles preventing them from being together. The theme is classic and never gets old, and the fact that it spans different time periods makes it all the more interesting. Many thanks for the review: this sounds like an enjoyable read.
Ams Strong
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ams-strong.html
Latest Review: Frank: The Collection by Tara Basi

Post by Ams Strong »

You wrote a very detailed and good review. The storyline seems original. I wonder how much sexual content is present in this book. You did not mention anything to that effect.
Kasun Perera
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kasun-perera.html
Latest Review: The White Coat Effect by L.B. Wells

Post by Kasun Perera »

"Absolutely love supernatural romance too! The anticipation of Mark and Marla reuniting their souls has me hooked. Thanks for the fantastic review!"
Vivianvicky
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Vivianvicky »

So nice a love story,it is so simple and smooth as you read on,it has no twists in action.Good book
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I sampled this book a few months back and didn't enjoy it much due to the frequent use of sailing terms and the slow pace. Your review was engaging and provided a beautiful summary of Mark and Marla's love story. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”