Official Review: You'll Be Thinking of Me by Densie Webb

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
TammyO
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Persuasion
Currently Reading: The Husbands Secret
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tammyo.html
Latest Review: "Double Identity" by Jaye C Blakemore
fav_author_id: 2379

Official Review: You'll Be Thinking of Me by Densie Webb

Post by TammyO »

[Following is the official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You'll Be Thinking of Me" by Densie Webb.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

You’ll Be Thinking of Me by Densie Webb is a romantic thriller that takes place in New York. A chance encounter with sexy superstar, Mick Sullivan, completely disrupts 24-year-old, Rachael Allen’s already complicated life. Rachael swoons over the hot celebrity and fumbles when Mick agrees to have his picture taken. Sensing her uneasiness, Mick innocently takes a video of Rachael and himself. Rachael is overjoyed and rushes to share her good fortune with Jenna, her best friend. Jenna immediately posts the video online as a joke without telling Rachael. However, the joke is on her when Rachael begins receiving threatening emails.

The threats become even more disconcerting when Rachael’s car and home is vandalized. Rachael struggles to find out who the perpetrator is that’s tormenting her and her family, but comes up blank. Desperate and afraid, she goes to the police. The police investigate, but they can’t seem to help her. So Rachael decides to contact Mick Sullivan himself and plead for his help.

Sparks begin to fly between Mick and Rachael, as they attempt to resolve the mystery that threatens them both. They learn that they share more than just a love of music; they discover that they are kindred spirits, who share very similar backgrounds. Will a psychotic fan destroy Mick and Jenna before they have a chance to explore their requited passion? Or will they be able to let go of the past, thus finding the love that they both deserve?

I really enjoyed this novel. Although this is a romance novel, it has a lot of mystery and suspense intertwined in it. I fell in love with Mick and Jenna. I wanted to see them conquer the demons of their past and fall in love. On the surface, Mick appears to be a rich, arrogant, playboy who is used to having his way with the ladies. However, as the story unfolds, the reader discovers that he has many layers. The author has created characters with many dimensions; the reader never knows what to expect.

Character development is very good in this novel. I felt an attachment to all of the characters and their plight. The author touches on themes such as healing, self-acceptance and overcoming adversity. In this way, the reader is easily drawn into the story. The reader feels as if he/she can relate to or sympathize with these characters. I had a love/hate relationship with each one of them at some point during the story. On the other hand, I admired Cora, Mick’s mother. She was the only one who seemed capable of taming the “bad boy.”

The author cleverly weaves an entertaining tale of romance, mystery and suspense that is similar to the blockbuster hit Fatal Attraction. I rate You’ll Be Thinking of Me 4 out of 4 stars! The plot is fun and original. This novel will definitely keep you guessing. I did find a few errors (4), but they were very minor and did not take away from my enjoyment at all.

Overall, this is a great novel that is filled with lots of mystery and romance. Therefore, I would recommend it to those who enjoy romance, mystery or suspense novels.

You'll Be Thinking of Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Barnes and Noble

Like TammyO's review? Post a comment saying so!
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
C S Harper
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by C S Harper »

Outstanding Review! After reading your review, I find myself really interested in reading this. This sounds a lot like a crime/mystery. I sure do know a lot of people who would probably really enjoy this. This book definitely has all of the elements that would hold one's interest. Again, Nicely done.
TammyO

Post by TammyO »

Thanks, CS. It's what I liked most about this novel. Sure there was romance, but the suspense and mystery added another element to this plot. And it really worked out beautifully. This was such a fun, suspenseful novel to read. You would enjoy this, I am sure of it. Of course, you can recommend it to others as well, they will not be disappointed.
"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." ~Tom Clancy
C S Harper

Post by C S Harper »

This isn't one of those "trashy" type novels is it? I was thinking about sending it as an E-gift for V. Day. Good or bad idea? It doesn't sound like it, but I'm just making sure.
Densie_Webb

Post by Densie_Webb »

This is the author. No, its not. I see those scale of hotness ranging from cool to sizzling. I guess this is warm. No graphic sex scenes. Most is behind closed doors. But, hopefully, TammyO will weigh in.
TammyO

Post by TammyO »

This is definitely not one of those "trashy" type novels. This was tastefully written and is suitable for anyone to read. As the author stated, this has more of a warm temperature. This is the reason I left out words such as "sizzling" and "hot." I didn't want anyone to mistakenly think along those lines. This is more of a heartwarming romance/ thriller. So definitely send that E-gift. Whoever the recipient is, will love it.
C S Harper

Post by C S Harper »

Well, wasn't that nice to hear from the author herself.... Thank you. It's official, then. I must say, I absolutely love the cover of this book. Do you enjoy receiving/giving books as gifts? I have a tendency to gift books on a regular basis. Usually when I come across a book that I think may interest someone I know, I'll send it to them or purchase it for them.
Densie_Webb

Post by Densie_Webb »

I must say, I've never been gifted an ebook. I've had someone "loan" me an ebook. I do love getting books, though—ebooks or hard copies.
Kaity_ee

Post by Kaity_ee »

Nice Review! This sounds really exciting. I am looking for books to add to my TR list and this is definitely going on it. I've never been gifted an ebook either sounds like it would be nice!
TammyO

Post by TammyO »

Thanks, Kaity_ee. I personally enjoyed it and I think you will also. When you do read it, I'd love to know your thoughts on it. And welcome to the site.
Densie_Webb

Post by Densie_Webb »

TammyO, do you think you could post reviews on Amazon and Goodreads? If not, I totally understand, but it never hurts to ask, right? Thanks so much again for the wonderful review.
PashaRu
Currently Reading: Vicars of Christ - The Dark Side of the Papacy
Bookshelf Size: 191
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pasharu.html
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd

Post by PashaRu »

Sounds interesting, especially since it's not just a straight romance. Thanks for a great review!!
[Insert quote here. Read. Raise an eyebrow. Be mildly amused. Rinse & repeat.]
Latest Review: "Damn Females on the Lawn" by Rachel Hurd
TammyO

Post by TammyO »

Densie_Webb wrote:TammyO, do you think you could post reviews on Amazon and Goodreads? If not, I totally understand, but it never hurts to ask, right? Thanks so much again for the wonderful review.

Hi, Densie. I'll have to speak with Scott about this. There are rules for the site that must be followed. However, if there are no conflicting issues, I would be delighted to write a few reviews for you on those sites. Of course, I am really busy reading and writing reviews for this site, so time is really limited for me. What kind of reviews would you want me to write? Long/short?
Densie_Webb

Post by Densie_Webb »

I had written Scott when it wouldn't allow me to pm you and this is what he said: I can ask the reviewer to post a blurb on those sites if they have an account their.

Thank you!
Scott

Whatever you have time to do would be great. Maybe you could just life a few sentences from your longer review here? Thanks so much. I know you're busy.
TammyO

Post by TammyO »

PashaRu wrote:Sounds interesting, especially since it's not just a straight romance. Thanks for a great review!!

Thanks, Pasha. A man would definitely enjoy the suspense and mystery in this novel. I'm not saying you won't enjoy the romance as well though. Being the romantic that you are... :)

-- 17 Feb 2015, 14:18 --
Densie_Webb wrote:Whatever you have time to do would be great. Maybe you could just life a few sentences from your longer review here? Thanks so much. I know you're busy.

Let me speak to Scott about it first okay. There are some stipulations involved here as far as the reviews go. I want to be sure before I do anything. Once, I know for sure, I'll be glad to write a review for you when I have some free time. Right now I'm trying to meet a few deadlines. But I will do it as soon as I can.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”