Review of Tears of Deception, by Patrick Pierre

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Review of Tears of Deception, by Patrick Pierre

Post by peace_m »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tears of Deception, by Patrick Pierre" by Patrick Pierre.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tears of Deception by Patrick Pierre is an extraordinary tale that has many important moral lessons. The writer gives insight into three cases of love drama and subsequent heartbreak. The man, Pachouco, fancied himself very much in love but has not been quite lucky in the field and always gets up hurt one way or the other.

The story begins in Haiti, where the main character, Pachouco, had imagined a happily ever after with his high school sweetheart, but fate had other plans, and on the night of their prom, she tragically died in his arms. Additionally, after a protracted struggle with his health, he finally felt good enough to try his luck with love once more, but instead, he was raped by a nymphomaniac. Despite all the odds, Pachouco manages to get over the ordeal and decides to keep looking for love. However, these few challenges in his domestic love life caused him to turn to American women. Before then, he never considered residing somewhere other than his nation because he was happy there, but these few difficulties made him decide he would never date or wed an island girl. God used his decision in this book to teach him a few notable lessons. Learn more about these lessons by reading this book. Forgiveness, love, and redemption are all expressed in this work.

I appreciate how the author demonstrates that not all circumstances are intolerable for people or unforgivable for God. The tale also shows how quickly one might become blinded and make blunders when one trusts too readily. So, an excessively trusting man, a mother who prays, and scheming people who took advantage of Pachouco’s sweet demeanor are just a few of the intriguing characters in Patrick Pierre’s plot. There are both main and minor characters in the book, and each of their roles is well developed and articulated; I could picture all the groups mentioned above working to take advantage of their circumstances.

Leslie’s part was my favourite in the entire book. She is shown as a strong woman who initially had a few loose nuts but eventually managed to get her acts together and improve herself as a woman. Pachouco and Leslie’s relationship is compared to Hosea and Gomer, the prophet and the Harlot story in the bible. Pachouco is a devout Christian and a man of character, but he believed and rightly felt that Leslie had tainted him.

I found some grammatical and sentence structural errors, although they did not hamper my comprehension. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars because I find the book engaging. It has the right amount of spirituality and sass that would encourage any reader to read till the end. Additionally, I appreciated the book's conciseness; I had no trouble getting through the pages. I also enjoyed the use of sarcastic moments to draw the reader in.

On a final note, I would suggest this book to anybody who enjoys historical novels, spiritual romance novels, and books about spiritual awakening. There is nothing to dislike about the book.

Tears of Deception, by Patrick Pierre
View: on Bookshelves
Micah_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micah-1.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micah_1 »

Sometimes God allows one to go through all this because there is a greater plan ahead for us. I just hope Pachouco finds his true love. Interesting review you got here.
Kendal Low
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Billboards Across America by D.J. Parsons

Post by Kendal Low »

Pachouco sounds like the unluckiest man in the world and my heart hurts for him. This sounds like a fantastic book and I would love to give it a try.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”