Who is your favorite romance author?

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
SheReads23
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who is your favorite romance author?

Post by SheReads23 »

Any book by Francis Ray is Gold.
Bookworm219
Favorite Author: Abbi Glines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookworm219.html
fav_author_id: 8681

Post by Bookworm219 »

My favorite author is Abbi Glines. Her books got me started on the romance type novels and she never disappoints. With each new book there is a new adventure and drama to add to a series. She writes some fantasy romance also that are fantastic my favorite book from her would have to be Existence.
ThankfulMom1
Bookshelf Size: 87

Post by ThankfulMom1 »

Romance novels are my go to reads right now - I am really enjoying Laura Florand, Jill Shalvis and Susan Elizabeth Phillips.

I really enjoy stories about strong willed women meeting men who deserve their attention. :-)

If you haven't read the Chocolate series from Laura Florand, it is worth your time.
Leannek

Post by Leannek »

For the past couple of years, it's Kristen Ashley. If I have a dry spell in books, I just go back to re-read one of hers. I swear, I've read almost each of her books over 3x. Love. Before her, it was Susan Elizabeth Phillips. For erotica, Lora Leigh and Shiloh Walker.
JeannieHallAuthor
Currently Reading: First Grave on the Right
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by JeannieHallAuthor »

I adore several of them, but my all time favorite is Nora Roberts. The romantic suspense stories she writes as JD Robb get better and better as they go along, and since they're already fabulous at book one, I'm continually amazed at her talent.
born2read82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-born2read82.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by born2read82 »

I have way too many favorites so I'll just mention the authors that I keep up with on Amazon for their new releases. Honorable mention also has to go to Johanna Lindsey who got me hooked on Romance novels. Others are Tijan Meyer, Olivia Cunning (I am in love with Sinners!), Lynsay Sands (nothing like humor mixed with romance), Jeannine Frost, Hannah Howell, Kerrelyn Sparks, and Stephanie Laurens. I have several more authors that I fell in love with a series but then didn't care for their other books and my list changes frequently but these women tend to stay on it.
Marlalva90
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 365">Dance With The Devil (Dark Hunter series #6)</a>
Currently Reading: Blood Trinity
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marlalva90.html
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by Marlalva90 »

Kim Harrison the hollow series is a really good series I love the characters. RT
Aspinewithwords_

Post by Aspinewithwords_ »

On Dublin street series by Samantha young :D
Angelyaj

Post by Angelyaj »

I like Nora Roberts, Kiristy Moseley, and Jerilee Kaye.
L_C_P

Post by L_C_P »

Sherrilyn Kenyon is pretty fun for those who like a Sci-fi twist to their stories. The romance is built into the plot, but doesn't necessarily take over the storyline.
freya3377

Post by freya3377 »

I have enjoyed reading a lot of romance authors but three that come to mind immediately are Georgette Heyer, Julia Quinn and Anya Wyld.

All there have an awesome sense of humour and a unique writing style that I absolutely enjoy!
Pax

Post by Pax »

Karin Kallmaker, she writes lesbian fiction and it's simply wonderful. Engaging well written story lines, with beautifully researched back stories.
Fiction gives us a second chance at the things that life denies us.
~Paul Theroux
Octonauts

Post by Octonauts »

My new favorite author is Vi Keeland who wrote Stuck-Up Suit. Funny story and love the chemistry between the main characters.
janefayem
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by janefayem »

I have read so many books that it is hard to pick just one but off the top of my head I would have to say:
Tijan
Kresley Cole
Dannika Dark
Bella Forrest
Lynn Raye Harris
Stephenie Meyer
Karen Marie Moning
Morgan Rice
Nora Roberts
Nicholas Sparks
RobinStock
Currently Reading: A Court of Thorns and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robinstock.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by RobinStock »

Agree with the posts on J.R. Ward and Gena Showalter. There is a lot of "ownership" and super-alpha males in both of these authors' writing, but the books are sexy and compelling, for sure.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”