Who is your favorite romance author?

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tika229
Favorite Author: Linda Lael Miller
Bookshelf Size: 12
fav_author_id: 2970

Who is your favorite romance author?

Post by Tika229 »

My favorite romance author is Linda Lael Miller

I like Debbie Macomber, Jodi Thomas, and Nicholas Sparks.
Roanhu
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roanhu.html

Post by Roanhu »

My favorite is Gena Showalter. The LOTU series is part of why I started reading so often.
Tika229

Post by Tika229 »

I just had a glance at Gena Showalter book list, and her books look fantastic. Perhaps she will be my next favorite author.
darkhuntress
Currently Reading: City of Lost Souls
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darkhuntress.html

Post by darkhuntress »

My favourite romance author has got to be Sherrilyn Kenyon, not only does she do romance in her books they also have a super natural or sci-fi twist to them.
Tika229

Post by Tika229 »

Awesome! My favorite supernatural romance author is Lara Adrian. Her Midnight Breed series is a must read!
Lushlala
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by Lushlala »

Mine are probably not that well known as they write an emerging genre, Interracial erotica/romance. I doubt many people are even aware of this genre, but I really enjoy it and among my favourite authors are:
Lolah Lace
LaShawn Vasser
Kimberly Kaye Terry
Shara Azod
Dez Burke
Mallory Monroe

I know it's a lot for favourites, but they really are my go to romance authors :)

Tika229

Post by Tika229 »

You are right. I never hear of interracial erotica/romance books. I will give it a shot!
Miss_Jane2014
Currently Reading: Better Off Dead by H.P Mallory
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miss-jane2014.html

Post by Miss_Jane2014 »

Once upon a time, I read every book that Nora Roberts had written, until I realized they all had the same formula lol. Other than that I have a love of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Karen Marie Moning (love the Highlander series even if it is a tad smutty), and I haven't found a favorite for historical romance yet.
Jinx94
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Jinx94 »

I really enjoyed Maya Banks, she has a diverse writing style and she writes historical as well as contemporary. She is an erotica writer but the stories behind all of that are beautiful and you just get drawn in so easily and if you're like me you will become hooked and just have to read everyone of her series.
Nell Bean

Post by Nell Bean »

Julia Quinn. Her books are so witty. I like that there's no vulgar language. There's quite a bit of character crossover between books, so I feel like I really know what's going on.

-- 22 Jan 2015, 09:51 --
Miss_Jane2014 wrote:Once upon a time, I read every book that Nora Roberts had written, until I realized they all had the same formula lol. Other than that I have a love of Sherrilyn Kenyon, Karen Marie Moning (love the Highlander series even if it is a tad smutty), and I haven't found a favorite for historical romance yet.
I used to read every Nora Roberts book as well. But then they became extremely strange and full of vulgarity.
HollyH
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollyh.html

Post by HollyH »

I have been reading romance novels for decades. I tend to like the ones with more substance in them, though occasionally I go for chick lit. One of my favorite authors is Robyn Carr. Her Virgin River series is excellent! There are about 16 books in the series and I read all of them for the 2nd time a couple of years ago. You feel like you live in the town and fall of the characters are your friends. It's the type of series you can read over and over.

Here newest series, Thunder Point, is excellent as well. I'm always sad when I finish one of her books!
NativeGirlSam4

Post by NativeGirlSam4 »

The authors I like tend to have written my favorite books early on in their careers.. I guess that is simply because I got most of my first books from second hand stores.. But yes, a few of my favorites are Jane Feather, Nora Roberts, Christine Feehan, and recently I've read a few Virginia Henley and really enjoyed them.
LauraBambrey
Favorite Author: Lucy Robinson
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Breath of The Titans by Riley Amos Westb
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurabambrey.html
Latest Review: "Empire" by Calvin Jones
fav_author_id: 3167

Post by LauraBambrey »

A couple of new favourites that I discovered in 2014 are Mhairi McFarlane- It's Not Me It's You was a fantastically funny, hair-brained romcom/romance. I also fell in love with Lucy Robinson for her Unfinished Symphony of You and Me - that was a truly stunning read- I can't wait for her next- The Day We Disappeared. Other than that- I really love Sarah Morgan.
Latest Review: "Empire" by Calvin Jones
abijane115
Currently Reading: Combative
Bookshelf Size: 133

Post by abijane115 »

At the moment I'm into reading rock star romance books and I enjoyed the ones written by Olivia Cunnng (Sinners on Tour Series) and Terri Anne Browning (The Rocker Series).
There is beauty to be found in every moment.
Ams339
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ams339.html

Post by Ams339 »

I love Nicholas Sparks especially since they are very unpredictable and always have some kind of twist.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”