Review of The Woman

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-amarachi-mgbeoji.html
Latest Review: Operation November Blizzard by Stephen Snow (penname)

Review of The Woman

Post by Favour Amarachi Mgbeoji »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Woman" by R.J.Andersen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Woman is a romantic fiction written by R.J Andersen. The book is both intriguing and interesting; it talks about the thrilling adventures of Jane Witlaw, the woman who sacrificed so much to help build a great nation. The author talked about the role Jane played in building a great nation and how a simple girl from Cornwall who lived in a rose cottage got to embark on a series of adventures with twists and turns mixed with a beautiful love story with her lover, Matthew.

The author starts the book by telling us about a societal problem of England during that period, the 'Wreckers,' people who kill innocent crew members on a ship to steal their goods. Jane coincidentally witnessed one of the worst wreckings in the land, which changed her life. But did her life change for the worst or the better? What happened to Jane? Did she get caught, and how did this change her life? 

The positive aspect I found in the book was the author's storyline. I love the author's style of writing. The way he told his stories of Jane's adventures mixed with drama, suspense, and action. I also love Jane and Matthew's love story. Their love story was a beautiful blend of romance and adventure. I love how Matthew was also able and ready to protect Jane against his uncle and the world in general, if possible. The story was a mix of romance, adventure, suspense, and tragedy, which was amazing. The way the author ended the book with such an unexpected twist was also great and interesting. I also love that the writer used precise and clear words in his book because it made it easy to read. I appreciated the author's use of historical figures and facts like George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, etc. Aside from the main character, Jane, my best character in the book was John Adams. I love how he stuck by Matthew's side when Jane was missing, accompanying him to Jamaica and keeping him in check when he had his burst of emotions.

I tried to spot a negative aspect of the book but didn't find any. The book was quite interesting and satisfactory.

Seeing that I found a few errors in the book, I would say this book was professionally edited. I would rate the book 4 out of 4 because the book's storyline was interesting and satisfying. I did not remove any star from my rating because the book was professionally edited and had no negative aspects.

I recommend this book to people who like to read romantic fiction. I also recommend the book to people who are into books on life, thrilling adventures, action, and suspense. 

The Woman
View: on Bookshelves
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

I love romantic fiction and so I have no doubt I'll enjoy this book. Thanks for the review.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

The Woman by R.J.Andersen seems like an interesting and intriguing romantic fiction which I am a big fan of. Thank you for the well-detailed review, I look forward to reading the book.
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: Mystery in the Metaverse by Nick Airus

Post by Abiodunakinola »

This is a romantic fiction that talks about how Jane sacrifices all she has to build a great nation after she witnesses the innocent killing in the land of England. The story was written with clear words and the twist was interesting. I am glad you enjoyed reading the book. Thanks for the great review.
Rex Rexy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rex-rexy.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Rex Rexy »

This review just wets a person's appetite to read the book. The reviewer didn't leave any clues. Beautiful story from the looks of it. And this is a great review
Vivian Stones
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Maestro Monologue
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian-stones.html
Latest Review: The Silicon Divide by Danielle Nowell

Post by Vivian Stones »

I love romantic fiction and this book also has everything I like in a book. This is a great and intriguing book going by your review. I love the fact that the storyline of this book is interesting. Thank you for this wonderful review.
Darlings O
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-darlington-onuoha.html
Latest Review: Imperfect Lives Perfect Grace by Dr. E.M. Johnson

Post by Darlings O »

I love the fact that this book has so many positive aspects and a few negative aspects. Your summary of the book captured my attention. I would also love to know what happened to Jane and learn how the story ended.
Lucy Vera
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lucy-v.html
Latest Review: Letter of Paul to the Americans by Nicholas F Mazza

Post by Lucy Vera »

I like that this book contains love and a lot of other themes. It appears to be a nice blend. I would like to figire out what happened to Jane. Thanks for the review.
Tony Official
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tony-official.html
Latest Review: America’s Loveless Age: Trumpism, FemPower, the End of Patriarchy by Noel Terry

Post by Tony Official »

I think I love the story line and the writing style of the author. He told the story in such a way that would make it enjoyable for everyone. I also love the fact that this book contains few errors. This means that he editing team did a wonderful job. Thank you for this excellent review.
CharlesC+Esq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesc-esq.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by CharlesC+Esq »

The reviewer left us in suspense which makes the book even more attractive. It shouldn't be a tiresome reading. Hopefully I will come up with a spell-binding perspective after reading it.
abstactlemon
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-onwuanaku.html
Latest Review: Mindsponge Theory by Quan-Hoang Vuong

Post by abstactlemon »

I love a good strong female lead. Great review.
it is what it is ....
Junior Gesuka 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19

Post by Junior Gesuka 1 »

A skilfully crafted adventure full of twists and turns, in which a tender love story is set against the backdrop of English smugglers, foreign pirates and the intrigue that harvested a revolution to create America. A beautifully told story with Du Maurier's understanding of engineering suspense, bound to gather momentum.
CharlesC+Esq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 285
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlesc-esq.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by CharlesC+Esq »

From the review this story should be about a heroine.
It's a good setting to include renowned figures like the Benjamins and Franklins, because then it kind of sets up the chronological order of events and whatever falls in that period.
I don't waste much time on other's figments of imagination also known as fiction, as it all turns out it's just wishy-washy.
Kendal Low
Currently Reading: As Good As Dead
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kendal-low.html
Latest Review: Ten Percent by D.L. Bruin

Post by Kendal Low »

I really enjoy historical fiction/romance books so I think I may enjoy this one. Really great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”