Any Johanna Lindsey book ever written.

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Vivian21
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivian21.html

Any Johanna Lindsey book ever written.

Post by Vivian21 »

As a scholar and college graduate it is rather difficult to feed my inner most desire for romantic books. I often find myself a bit embarrassed walking around with romance novels in my hand, sexy cover fully exposed. If you are at all like me and like to sound like an intellectual in social circles, providing expert testimony about the latest classic, you need a wake up call. That is where Johanna Lindsey comes in. She serves as a reminder that books are the most sophisticated mode of entertainment, no matter their content. That if you feel happy just by reading a title or the first page, a book has accomplished it's job. I recommend getting started with, A Pirate's Love, it is jam packed with action, adventure, and of course the occasional love scene. Which brings me to my next point: sex scenes. It is the most painful experience to have to sit through an awkwardly written sex scene. A good sex scene needs to make you feel both aroused and ashamed... Let's be honest, yes? Mrs. Lindsey accomplishes this in all her novels!
sudene

Post by sudene »

I am a new fan of Miss Lindsey, I have read A Pirate's Love and I must say her work is addicting, i am now onto another of her books called Captive Bride. Her stories keep you on the edge of your seat, better than any movie I must say.
akap11041

Post by akap11041 »

I have read almost every Johanna Lindsey book written. My favorite are the time travel ones Warrior's Woman, Keeper of the Heart, and Heart of a Warrior.
Sarita Everson
Currently Reading: Lover Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarita-everson.html

Post by Sarita Everson »

Thank you guys. I have some of her books on TBR list just couldn't decide. Going to give it a try now.
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

Okay, I think Lindsey isn't that great in her portrayal of women, as in the characters are always virgins and despite being quite confident, the female characters quite unabashedly give themselves up to the male protagonists. This is especially true with Warrior's woman. If you like reading Romance (erotic) novels, give Mary Balogh a try.
Liz_Loves_To_Read

Post by Liz_Loves_To_Read »

Have to love a Lindsey, I have read Johanna Lindsey for years. I know that some of her material seems "dated", the heroine is almost always a virgin and gives into the hero, but it is just good entertainment. Harking back to the bodice ripper days the older books really should not be taken too seriously and simply enjoyed.
agajanianl

Post by agajanianl »

I'm a huge fan of Johanna Lindsey Novels my first novel that I read of of hers was a Gentle Feuding (1 year ago) , and my obsession with her book begun from there. Since then I've read Hearts Aflame, Say You Love Me, Surrender My Love, Defy Not the Heart, Fires of Winter, Prisoner of My Desire, and I am currently reading A Pirates Love.

Johanna Lindsey doesn’t just paint the picture; she puts you in story and captivates you every time.

I must add, my most favorite set of books, by far, has been of the Viking Haardrad Family Saga Series, which includes three books ( 1.Fires of Winter 2.Hearts Aflame 3.Surrender My Love ) Read them I promise you wont be disappointed!
Jdurand2
Favorite Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 9434">Born of Night (The League Series Book 1)</a>
Currently Reading: The Dark Queen (The Dark Queens Book 5)
Bookshelf Size: 1369
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jdurand2.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 3137

Post by Jdurand2 »

I have read most of Johanna Lindsey's books and really enjoy her writing. I like that she is not totally focused on sex, but has great characters with interesting plots and twists. The Ly-San-Ter is one of my favorites along with the Only series. I started reading historical romance as a teenager and Johanna Lindsey is my second favorite behind Kathleen E Woodwiss.
Jessica Durand
Readaholic
“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.”
― Sherrilyn Kenyon, Dance with the Devil
born2read82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-born2read82.html
Reading Device: B00HCNHDN0

Post by born2read82 »

She is one of my all-time favorite authors, especially her Mallory series of books. Gentle Rogue was the first book that I read by her and after finishing it my goal was to read any Lindsey book I could get my hands on. Unlike many of the previous posters, her time travel books are my least favorite. I enjoy reading books in a series where I get to run into some of my favorite characters from previous books, see how they have changes since they found "the one," and read a book written about a secondary character that I fell in love with in a previous book. One of the great things with this series, though, is that it does not have to be read in the order they were written and could really be stand-alone books (but how can you not want to read about the entire family?!?!). Her American West books are also great reads.
Jenna Witz

Post by Jenna Witz »

Johanna Lindsey wrote the first romance novel I ever read, waaaay too many years ago. ;) I adore the Mallory family, Regina's story is my favorite. Now that I'm in my 40s, I'll admit the whole virginal thing is a bit of a yawn to me. Normally, I do prefer characters to which I can relate, but I do love Johanna Lindsey's work, so she's still a favorite.
kaden2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaden2.html

Post by kaden2 »

Jenna Witz wrote:Johanna Lindsey wrote the first romance novel I ever read, waaaay too many years ago. ;) I adore the Mallory family, Regina's story is my favorite. Now that I'm in my 40s, I'll admit the whole virginal thing is a bit of a yawn to me. Normally, I do prefer characters to which I can relate, but I do love Johanna Lindsey's work, so she's still a favorite.

She was my first too :D and while I no longer read her books because I find them a bit repetitive now, I feel like they are the same stories with different names now. I know they all vary slightly but if I get distracted easily when I am reading a book I tend to not read that author as often. She will always have a place in my heart as my first :wink: but I feel like I have moved on.
HannahJean
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by HannahJean »

I am so happy to see other Johanna Lindsey book lovers! Her book "You belong to me" was the first romance book I had ever read and I haven't stopped since. By now I have read most of her books. Her novels are all full of adventure, intrigue, and humor. Some I like more than others but they have introduced me to many other great authors in the genre.
Cutienerdy21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 222
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cutienerdy21.html
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor

Post by Cutienerdy21 »

Kyaaaa!!! Malory men are the Best :happy-cheerleaderkid:
Latest Review: "My Ladybird Story" by Magus Tor
Bookworm_1

Post by Bookworm_1 »

Unfortunately I have not read all of Johanna Lindsey's books. However, I have read Prisoner of My Desire a few times. It captivates your attention almost immediately and keeps you wanting more. Such an excellent read.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”