This forum is for discussing a single book or single series in each topic thread. Please set the title of the topic thread as the name of the book or series, and preferably include also the author's name if it fits. If you want to discuss a book in its entirety, i.e. you don't mind spoilers, please also include the word spoilers in the subject to warn users who may not want to read spoilers. If a thread does not have a clear spoiler warning, then it is against the forum rules to post spoilers in it. If you are an author or publisher, you may not start a topic about your own book; instead please click here to learn how to get your book or ebook reviewed.
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 23 May 2016, 17:31
- Bookshelf Size: 15
I thought to myself 'surely someone somewhere got it right?'
After hours of searching, i found it, the book, no the series; Christina Lauren's 'Beautiful' series.
Beautiful Bastard was where i started, and it was full of potential from the start, it had the drop dead gorgeous girl we all need to read about, she's feisty and fierce, a woman i believe is inside all of us women somewhere, the kind of "I don't give a damn" attitude, oh but she does, clearly, give a damn.
When it comes to this "Beautiful Bastard" so cleverly introduced in the title, without wanting to spoil anybody's fun reading this book he is indeed a beautiful bastard.
It has drama, it has heat (and boy do i mean, you left your oven on heat.), absolutely enthralling characters, not just the main ones! If you have every intention of reading the still on-going series, i highly suggest you pay close attention to those side characters!
I couldn't put it down (or my boyfriend for that matter if you know what i mean!) I seriously recommend this book as a follow on from 50 shades. Christina Lauren, the amazing duo writers (Christina and Lauren) completely captured my attention, i felt part of this book, emotionally attached to the ups and the downs of the characters and left me pining for more.
Well, what on earth are you waiting for? Get going!
We all need a Beautiful Bastard in our lives!
- Posts: 211
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 16:20
- 2017 Reading Goal: 200
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 0
- Bookshelf Size: 41
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lmoses.html
- Latest Review: "Incandescent" by Shannon Avangeline
- pale rose writings
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 07 Jun 2016, 17:41
- Bookshelf Size: 0
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pale-rose-writings.html
- Posts: 83
- Joined: 16 Mar 2017, 03:45
- 2018 Reading Goal: 50
- 2017 Reading Goal: 30
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 8
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 113
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 656
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html
Until Benneth Ryan was brave enough to tell Chloe Mills what to do with their mutual love-hate for each other. Well, it wasn't that easy because they have to deal with the consequences of the rules. The thing going on with them two will sure drag them down with their career and image hanging in balance.
Exceptional and witty! This is the perfect epitome of that saying: The more you hate, the more you love.
- Posts: 21
- Joined: 01 Nov 2016, 18:55
- Bookshelf Size: 19
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harleyquinn2016.html
- Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
- Posts: 248
- Joined: 07 Mar 2017, 02:44
- 2018 Reading Goal: 100
- 2017 Reading Goal: 50
- 2018 Reading Goal Completion: 0
- 2017 Reading Goal Completion: 38
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 66">Strong Heart</a>
- Currently Reading: Chains
- Bookshelf Size: 40
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shish-by-design.html
- Latest Review: "For Beau" by Simon Gandossi
- Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 13 Aug 2017, 08:24
- Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... d=28294">A Discovery of witches</a>
- Bookshelf Size: 20
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harley1984.html
- Latest Review: "The 11.05 Murders" by Brian O'Hare
- Posts: 6
- Joined: 18 Dec 2017, 07:41
- Currently Reading:
- Bookshelf Size: 15
- Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melody1234.html
- Latest Review: "Who Told You That You Were Naked?" by William Combs