Beautiful Bastard series

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mrs_Beevers
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrs-beevers.html

Beautiful Bastard series

Post by Mrs_Beevers »

Anyone besides myself absolutely love this series? If so which book was your favorite?
Melindac226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melindac226.html

Post by Melindac226 »

Loved it! I think book one was my favorite. Generally always is because I love the getting to know the character phase of a book.
LadyNole23

Post by LadyNole23 »

Loved it, loved it, loved it!!
Michettle06
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Michettle06 »

Absolutely loved this series. Fav has to be Beautiful Stranger.
KellyDunn_12608

Post by KellyDunn_12608 »

I loved this series. The first book was, hands down, my favorite.
A-Mo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-mo.html

Post by A-Mo »

I enjoyed the series, however I felt that the development of the characters outside of their relationships was lacking. The story lines were much more realistic than the Crossfire series and Fifty Shades.
BadandDirtyBooks

Post by BadandDirtyBooks »

I loved Beautiful Bastard and Beautiful Secret the most some of the smaller books like Beautiful Bitch were not nearly as good but all in all I love the full length novels of this series!
Apruitt
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apruitt.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by Apruitt »

I am glad that someone else mentioned that. The novella was interesting, but didn't give enough information to really get involved with the characters.
seynaniang
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seynaniang.html

Post by seynaniang »

I wasn't a big fan of BB at first but then LOVED Stranger and Player! Bizarrely the same thing happened with the Wild Seasons series: Sweet Filthy Boy is my least favorite, I can't count the number of times I've read Dirty Rowdy Things and I can't wait for Ollie's story!!!
Christen1
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christen1.html
Latest Review: "What's it gonna be?" by Cassandra Piat

Post by Christen1 »

I really enjoyed this series! It is a good light read. I read it between other series while waiting on other books to come out. My favorite is Beautiful Player. I loved Hanna and Will. Some of the outrageous stuff that would come out of Hanna's mouth had my cracking up. If you are looking for a light read were you don't want to get to involved into the characters, this is the perfect series!
Latest Review: "What's it gonna be?" by Cassandra Piat
Erica28767
Currently Reading: Undercover Vixen: The billionaire's Mistress
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erica28767.html
Latest Review: "I'll Run to You" by Nikki Vale
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Erica28767 »

Great, easy read! Love that each book in the series is focused on a different couple within the friend group. Of course, like all fun loving romance novel, there are some parts that seem a bit far fetched. I love that about them as it brings you out of reality and into this lovely fun fictional place. Additionally, this book provides some great comedic relief with some of the antics and things said by the crazy characters. So glad a friend recommended this series! Was very difficult to put down.
Latest Review: "I'll Run to You" by Nikki Vale
SusanD

Post by SusanD »

I love this series as well. I just wish that the characters names moving forward were that way in the first book. It was really hard to get past the "Twilight" names being used throughout it. I found myself substitutingredients the names when I reread the series.
Lady_liTTle
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... >Beautiful Bastard</a>
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lady-little.html
Latest Review: "Second Chance Heart" by Marie Lavender
Reading Device: 1400699894

Post by Lady_liTTle »

Beautiful Bastard:
4 out of 4 stars
The book is about two grown adults who have problem expressing their feelings so they end up lashing out on each other, which leads to a lot of sexy times.

I found it pretty entertaining and it kept me interested until the very last word!
Although, I must say a word on the subject of panty ripping... I don't really think it's early as easy as all these books make it sound... and probably much more painful too!

Beautiful Stranger
2 out of 4 stars
This book was my least favorite out of the series. I certainly wasn't fond of it as much as I was of the Beautiful Bastard. One thing I did like was the lack of drama. But I suspect I will remember nothing about this book in a couple of months time. It was your typical playboy womanizer and a woman who has been cheated on by an ex and is afraid of commitment. And of course the friends with benefits gone wrong. It was just okay.

Beautiful Player
3 out of 4 stars
Oh my goodness, this book made me do it all...
Laughed - check
Rolled eyes - check
Cried - check

I loved the way Will and Hanna were falling in love, loved their sexting and conversations. Hanna just cracks me up, she is so open and her lack of filter is hilarious. By the end of the book she got a bit repetitive in her thoughts and too closed off and that's where I rolled my eyes at her a bit and wished she would just stop assuming stuff. I really wanted to slap her around with a rotten fish.

I sobbed at the end during Max's announcement of becoming a father and Will's realization about what life is about. And shoot me, I could totally relate.

Beautiful Secret
4 out of 4 stars
Poor Niall, he didn't know what hit him.
I liked Ruby, she dove right in, she made the first step, she basically put her out there for him to take.
I couldn't really totally connect with Niall's character. I understood that he was closed off and not good at sharing his feelings, I understood his back story of being in a loveless marriage for so long. But what I couldn't wrap my head around was him having a superhuman ability of keeping it in his pants while a hot woman lays on a bed and WANTS him so bad she has to get herself off while he watches. Is he some kind of a masochist?
I just found it really hard to believe any guy in this situation would do anything other than "assist" her and think later. I mean, the temptation... how did he do it??? "Ummm, thanks Ruby, that was great, now I'm just gonna go beat off in my own hotel room."
All joking aside though, I did rate this 4 stars and it's because the writing was good, my heart hurt for Ruby and I REALLY REALLY REAAAAALLLY hated that stupid British prick by the middle of the book. But I suppose that's kind of the point, isn't it?
The ending lacked drama and was surprisingly satisfactory.
Latest Review: "Second Chance Heart" by Marie Lavender
lpennington

Post by lpennington »

I am currently reading this series. I am so in love with these characters. Ansel is totally awesome! I am currently on the second book in the series. So far, I enjoyed the first book the best, however the second one is great too. I will be so sad when the series is finished. I usually listen to it while driving. Such a wonderful series.
Testinodele

Post by Testinodele »

Beautiful Bastard (Beautiful Bastard, #1)

Whip-smart, hardworking, and on her way to an MBA, Chloe Mills has only one problem: her boss, Bennett Ryan. He's exacting, blunt, inconsiderate—and completely irresistible. A Beautiful Bastard.

Bennett has returned to Chicago from France to take a vital role in his family's massive media business. He never expected that the assistant who'd been helping him from abroad was the gorgeous, innocently provocative—completely infuriating—creature he now has to see every day. Despite the rumors, he's never been one for a workplace hookup. But Chloe's so tempting he's willing to bend the rules—or outright smash them—if it means he can have her. All over the office.

As their appetites for one another increase to a breaking point, Bennett and Chloe must decide exactly what they're willing to lose in order to win each other.

Originally only available online as The Office by tby789—and garnering over 2 million reads on fanfiction sites—Beautiful Bastard has been extensively updated for re-release.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”