Review of Route 59

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kourtney Bradley
Favorite Book: Bridges of Madison County
Currently Reading: Layla
Bookshelf Size: 412
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kourtney-bradley.html
Latest Review: Dante's Demons by K.L. Barstow
Reading Device: 1400697484

Review of Route 59

Post by Kourtney Bradley »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Route 59" by Michael Stone.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

People experience trying times and difficult circumstances at all points in their lives. Although these seeming barriers pop up and make us question our ability to carry on, what sets us apart is how we manage these situations and deal with the overwhelm. In Route 59 by Michael Stone, readers experience the journey of a middle-aged couple packing up their belongings and taking a cross-country trip to start their lives anew, leaving behind their family, jobs, and beautiful home for a significant adjustment to city living.

The trip with trials is detailed from the perspective of the husband, who remains nameless, as he details the experiences of the journey with his wife, who he refers to as Honeybunny, and their two cats. As they make their long journey to Chicago, the fear and anxiety are palpable and convincing. Although the loving husband fears the unknown future, his dedication to his wife and lifelong commitment to her gives him the strength needed to push forward. I liked how the author carefully narrates the journey in real-time with scenic views and drive updates along the way.

The heavy emotional narration gives readers a clear perception of the character development from beginning to end of the story and shows what people are truly capable of doing for the ones they love. Despite one thing after another going wrong for the couple, their love is highlighted by their determination to keep their relationship at the priority. Their dedication and communication remain intact when some others would start to lose hope.

What I liked most about the story was that although the husband was dealing with some anxiety and possible depression regarding their significant life change, he remains consistent in his adoration and love for his wife and is determined to make the best of the new situations they have found themselves in. Despite him reaching the comfortable age of retirement, he sacrifices his peace to make a long journey for his wife's new career with little idea on how he will occupy his own time without the close comfort of the rest of their family.

My only complaint with the story was a few minor grammatical errors including incorrect word placement and a minor spelling error. Despite the few errors I found along the way, I'm happy to share a rating for Route 59 by Michael Stone 3 out of 4 stars. I would recommend this to readers who enjoy the chaos of live-changing stories or those who feel inspired by stories of overcoming obstacles and significant sacrifices for the ones they love.

Route 59
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Whenever you read a good book, somewhere in the world a door opens to allow in more light. :techie-studyingbrown:
–Vera Nazarian
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

This sounds like an interesting read. Relocating to a new environment leaving a place you called home for a long time, leaving your job is never an easy feat. I hope the couple can adapt and continue living for each other.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

I like how this book displayed the strength of the husband even though he's breaking down. It reminds of my father who's told me stories of his journeys and how he went and fought through his challenges even when he was at high peak of anxiety. I'd love to read this. Great review!
Ahñ Mèiã
Currently Reading: Atomic Habits
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ah-m-i.html
Latest Review: Wild World by Peter S. Rush

Post by Ahñ Mèiã »

The plot is interesting I like books about traveling and I like the cover 😍 . Thank you for the great review
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

Seems like a story of optimism, faith and keeping hope alive. Kudos
Oyedele Tomijane
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cleverspider001.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Oyedele Tomijane »

An adoring man who calls his wife "honeybun" and who literarily gives up his life as he knows it for her? say no more! Thank you for such a lovely review. Great job.
Emeka Nwankwoala
Currently Reading: Life
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by Emeka Nwankwoala »

This book encouraged us on difficulty of life. Also, reminding us to operate with faith that can conquer the difficulty. Thanks
Venus2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-venus2304.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Venus2304 »

It seems like an interesting storyline and I would love to read it soon.
I also like how you organize your review point to avoid spoilers.
Kudos!
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Love brings out the courage and bravery in us. Great review.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

I can totally relate to this story. When relocating to an entirely new place, you become filled with anxiety and uncertainty of what the future there holds. It seems I would really enjoy this book. Thanks for the review.
Mercyla5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mercyla5 »

I was very pleased with how the husband sacrificed everything for his wife and also her career, how he even showed her love despite having anxiety. This is a good illustration of how love wins. Thank you for this review

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”