Review of Chasing Daffodils

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Review of Chasing Daffodils

Post by Fazzier »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Chasing Daffodils" by Emily Sam.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Chasing Daffodils is a gripping, character-driven romance novel written by Emily Sam. It follows the life of a 24-year-old New Yorker and aspiring actress, Jade, as she hunts for true love. Suzy, Jade's childhood best friend, is preparing for a wedding set a year from now, and she has asked Jade to be her bridesmaid. Jade has to find a date with whom she will attend the wedding. But with the limited time, several acting auditions, and a considerably demanding day job, a once-heartbroken Jade has to work extra hard to meet Mr. Right. Will she find her dream partner before the wedding date? I enjoyed Jade's adventures and misadventures, and I liked the fact that everything was far from predictable—except those that the author allowed.

I also liked how well the author executed this work. The plot's mission was introduced earlier enough, allowing readers to know and follow what the protagonists were working towards. I remained glued to uncover how Jade would accomplish her mission. I liked the fact that the author took her time in developing the plot and the characters. The backgrounds of Jade and the other main characters were sufficiently given, and this enables readers to know their childhood and past dating life. I wouldn't say this book was fast-paced, but I liked the fact that there were some heated moments and instances full of drama. I also liked how the author introduced the characters, and none of the characters seemed to be out of place. All of them had a specific purpose, and some were not necessarily useful at the time they were introduced but later in the chapters.

Furthermore, I liked the several pleasant surprises that were present in this book. The author's ability to lead readers into making inaccurate predictions was top-notch. There were several instances my predictions turned out to be inaccurate. The biggest turns and twists were at the ending—they were not something I could have predicted earlier, following all the false signs I encountered during my reading sessions. The pleasant surprises spiced up this novel.

What caught my attention right from the start were the interesting, well-developed characters, and after reading just a few pages, I connected with Jade (and later, with Colin—Jade’s male roommate). That was not only because they were natural and relatable, but they also had that sarcastic sense of humor. Their witty choice of words, sarcasm, self-loathing, and apparent animosity and disregard of one another spiced up this novel further, and they were the reasons I kept flipping the pages of this exquisite tome. The characters were my favorite aspect of this book.

All in all, I did not find anything to dislike about this book. I also couldn't help but realize the effort that went into editing it. It was exceptionally well edited, and I did not find any errors in it. I am, therefore, glad to award Chasing Daffodils by Emily Sam 4 out of 4 stars.

To fans of character-driven romance stories with no overly explicit adult scenes, I highly recommend this. Readers who enjoy humorous stories will also appreciate it. Moreover, it will also appeal to readers who like stories with lively characters. On the other hand, I didn't find anything to make me caution anyone against picking it.

Chasing Daffodils
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

I like character-driven books, and the plot of this one piqued my interest. I hope that everything worked out for Jade eventually. Thank you for the well-written review.
Adaeze Joan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adaeze-joan.html
Latest Review: Of Roses & Storms by Sara Omar

Post by Adaeze Joan »

I really love romance novels, and I think I would enjoy this one. I would want to know if Jade finally found Mr Right. Nice review.
Emmatex Joeboi
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Emmatex Joeboi »

Reading romantic novels and stories has been part of me since 16,years of age, because it makes me feel more emotional and also know how to careful in relationship
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

This is a story about a search for love. I will love to read this novel and know how Jade found love. Nice review
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I can't wait to know what happens before the wedding date and I'm interested in knowing who are date was
Ewoenam Afetsi
Currently Reading: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ewoenam Afetsi »

The quest to find true love is really daunting,I would definitely love to read more about Jade's encounters
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

Love stories are always a yes for me. Love it!
Mercyla5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Mercyla5 »

I am a fan of romance stories, I really hope that Jade succeeds in her mission of finding Mr right. Thanks for the review
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

I like this romance plot. Not everyone gets to settle down with the kind of person they had dreamt of. I would love to know how Jade's story ended. Thanks for your review.
Sarashi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Sarashi »

I love the several pleasant surprises that were present in this book.keeps me going

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”