Review of Midwinter Turns to Spring

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Henry Mwangi 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-henry-mwangi-1.html
Latest Review: Midwinter Turns to Spring by Maria Veloso

Review of Midwinter Turns to Spring

Post by Henry Mwangi 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Midwinter Turns to Spring" by Maria Veloso.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Regular text. [The midwinter Turns to Spring by Maria Veloso[/b] Regular text is a romance story written with the author using clever lyrics in captivating prose. Cassidy Hamilton moves to San Francisco and moves to a Victorian apartment. In the apartment, San Francisco finds a journal left in the apartment by Savannah Curtis in a drawer. After reading the journal, Cassidy learns that Savannah was an artist who lived in the apartment twenty years before Cassidy moved in there. Subsequently, Savannah had a love intense with Alfonso Madrigal, a Spanish guitarist born and raised in Malaga. Alfonso and Savannah met when Alfonso was starting a painting for Picasso. A secret relationship follows because both were committed, leaving Cassidy to wonder if things could have changed by now.
The Midwinter Turns Spring is a delightful book. The book is written using metaphors and references by the author. In various instances, the author uses poems and music. The storyline is accompanied by a soundtrack that makes the book exciting and heartwarming to read. The book express love in a good story and gives redemption of lost love that the old relationships can come back and become better than the previous love. The book storyline raises deep thoughts about the existence of old-age relationships and love. Poems, music, and the imaginative writing style of the book by the author make the book exciting for readers.
I enjoyed reading The Midwinter Turns Spring since the author captured my attention with how they shift the story's prose. The author, Veloso, is talented in storytelling, as is in evidence in this romance story. At first, we are introduced to Cassidy, but when Alfonso and Savannah have introduced, the storyline gets back to a couple of decades before, which I find excellent and fascinating.
As a good reader, I rate the book Midwinter Turns Spring Regular text four out of four stars[/ii] Regular text since nothing I disliked about the book. The author's uses of music and poems in the storyline make the book exciting and have a perfecting ending that leaves a good reader hanging and wanting to reads more.

Midwinter Turns to Spring
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”