Review of Definitions of Love

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Review of Definitions of Love

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Definitions of Love" by Angelia Renee.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Definitions of Love by Angelia Renee is a collection of six short romance stories. "Andrei and Jedina" is a story a mother tells her daughter about an arranged marriage before her wedding. "Phoenix and Joyful" is a story about jealousy and how it can destroy a person and their family. "Charles and Aspen" is a story about how a husband's priorities affected his wife and marriage. "Neale and Hope" is about a husband who confesses to murdering his wife, but no one believes he killed her. "Piper and Slade" relates Piper's daydream of the perfect blind date. The story "Grady and Victoria" answers the question about the most important thing in life. Is it love, success, or family? Do these stories accurately define love? Is love just a fantasy? What do you think about arranged marriages or blind dates? Read this enjoyable book by Angelia Renee before answering these questions.

Angelia Renee has done a fantastic job with character development. Each of these stories focuses on different, and some same, emotions. I could sense the characters' love, insecurities, pain, hate, fear, and hopes. Each story is a standalone as they are not connected and have their own plot and ending. Some story endings will make you laugh, and others will make you cry. Each of these stories is full of suspense that kept me reading to find out the outcome. It was hard for me to put this book down.

The only negative I found in this book is the editing. The editing is inconsistent between the stories. Some of them are well-edited stories, and others are not, which I found distracting. I reread one story because I thought I had missed errors only to find out that there were none. I recommend that the author have this book edited by a professional editor as there is missing punctuation, missing words, and extra words in parts of the book.
Due to the number of grammatical and typographical errors, I have no choice but to give this book 3 out of 4 stars. The book does not deserve a lower rating because it is an enjoyable read.

I recommend this book to teenagers and older readers who enjoy romance books. As in any romance, the characters make love, but there is no description of the act in this book. There is some borderline profanity, and God is mentioned but not to the extent that it would be offensive to anyone.

Definitions of Love
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Malkia Esther
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malkia-esther.html
Latest Review: Rediscovering the Wisdom of Human Nature by Chet Shupe

Post by Malkia Esther »

I love the choice of questions the author addressed about love, relationship and marriage. I would love to know how the questions are handled in each story. Thank you for the review.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Love ain't just a word. It entails a lot. The kind of books I love. The review is so nice. Thank you
Shilisia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shilisia.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shilisia »

I really appreciate how a book can addressed so many issues concerned with love, jealousy and priorities being the top in my list. This is a must read. Well done.
Asfiya Z
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asfiya-z.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Asfiya Z »

The review is very nice. Also, I like that the book contains different stories with different endings to keep the reader indulged in the book. Definitely adding this book to my "want to read" section on bookshelves.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

Definition of love is a story about a young girl and some other various characters that played different roles in this amazing book. Thanks for such a review.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I think that this is a very interesting story with an accurate title because we all do not know how love is defined. And I think that this book is full of different love stories, it only supports its interesting topic. Thank you for the review!
IGHURE007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by IGHURE007 »

Definitions of love is an eye opener where the writer is trying to portray or paint a picture of love that doesn't go down well with one of the partners who are involved or better still brought together as a form of vendetta , cos a mother is telling her daughter about a marriage that has been arranged before her wedding . I love the book , is very interesting and educating .
Lomyders
Currently Reading: Multiple streams of internet income
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lomyders.html
Latest Review: Money Faucet by Joe Calderwood

Post by Lomyders »

Love is always an interesting topic to read anytime. The author made the book quite educating. Character development is topnotch too.
Asfiya Z
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asfiya-z.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Asfiya Z »

Love is something that can never really be defined. I would, however, love to see how this book describes/defines love.
Itani Mudau
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Itani Mudau »

It talks about love and that makes it unique and attractive. It is also about relationships that are bad. It is an interesting piece and the heading just makes you want to read every word written there
Catevin1996
Currently Reading: The Lost Girl of Berlin
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Catevin1996 »

"A husband who confesses to murdering his wife, but no one believes he killed her? What could possibly be the reasons behind such disbelief? I love the suspense in the air. This book is definitely a must read. Thanks for the review!
Katarina Radovcic
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katarina-radovcic.html
Latest Review: Scorn of Secrets by B. Truly

Post by Katarina Radovcic »

I've been trying to sort out my stand on love and its definition and I always enjoy hearing/reading about how others view it. Also, in the title "Andrei and Jedina", is Jedina a name? Because in my language it means "the only one". Anyway, this was such a wonderful review. I really like your writing style!
Stephen Ikimi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephen-ikimi.html
Latest Review: Happiness is All We Want! by Ashutosh Mishra

Post by Stephen Ikimi »

Every young person,I not excluded,always ask for the definitions of real love. The author designed the cover page and title well.enough to catch the readers attention. I'd like to read it and find out what real love is. Thank youuu :lol:
Anneri Kunz
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anneri Kunz »

This book is an eye catching book teens love to read something that is intersting and this is one of those books where you can't stop reading. Thank you :)

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”