Masters & Mercenaries Series by Lexi Blake

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lovely_Ink
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lovely-ink.html
Latest Review: "Olympian Passion" by Andrya Bailey

Icon Masters & Mercenaries Series by Lexi Blake

Post by Lovely_Ink »

Has anyone read this series yet?

I took a break from erotica for a while, just so I could explore some other genres but now I'm back and the first book I picked up this weekend was "On Her Master's Secret Service" by Lexi Blake. It is the story of Charlotte and Ian, who I was introduced to in "Love and Let Die". From the beginning I was pulled into their story and completed the book in one day.

Charlotte is the love of Ian's life, who he has mourned over for 5 years after seeing her dead body in the morgue. Now she's back and trying to redeem herself so that she can claim the love of the husband that she betrayed. It's a twisted story of love and betrayal, passion and hatred... you know, the usual stuff that makes a good erotica book.

What I like about Lexi Blake's books are that each story that I've read so far is unique in its characters' circumstances but that the group is bonded together through their loyalty to one another. The stories are well written and you don't have to deal with a whole lot of confusing back and forth that might draw you away from the essence of the story. Did I say already that the action is hot? It's not over saturated with sex but the couple of scenes in each book are definitely... intimate!

I didn't start this book at the beginning of the series but I will be going back to pick up on the stories of the rest of the team.
Mrs_Beevers
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrs-beevers.html

Post by Mrs_Beevers »

I completely agree. I've read every book up to date in the masters & mercenaries series and the issues every character goes through is thrilling and sexy. Have you read the "Masters of Ménage" series that Lexi Blake and Shayla Black came together on? For some ménage is a too much of a kink in erotic, I rather enjoy the aspects of love in the relationships of the characters. It's a good read!
Lovely_Ink

Post by Lovely_Ink »

Mrs_Beevers wrote:I completely agree. I've read every book up to date in the masters & mercenaries series and the issues every character goes through is thrilling and sexy. Have you read the "Masters of Ménage" series that Lexi Blake and Shayla Black came together on? For some ménage is a too much of a kink in erotic, I rather enjoy the aspects of love in the relationships of the characters. It's a good read!
I am just starting "A View to a Thrill", the last in this series and then I'm going to check out masters of ménage. I agree it's not for everybody but the intricacies of those relationships are interesting.
Mrs_Beevers
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrs-beevers.html

Post by Mrs_Beevers »

Excellent! Enjoy, let us know if you come across a must read for erotic/ romance.
SharisseEM
Favorite Author: Mia Sheridan
Favorite Book: Stinger
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharisseem.html
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
fav_author_id: 3312

Post by SharisseEM »

This series sounds great! I've been looking for a series with this kinda juicy storyline in it. I'm gonna give this a read. Lover thought dead comes back? The makings of a great book! Thanks!
“I don't suffer from my insanity -- I enjoy every minute of it.”
Latest Review: "The Bonding" by Imogen Keeper
mellysw
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellysw.html

Post by mellysw »

I have read both the Masters & Mercenary series and the Masters of Menage series by Lexi Blake and Shayla Black. I loved them all! Lexi Blake and Cherise Sinclair are two of my favorite erotica writers.
Lovely_Ink

Post by Lovely_Ink »

mellysw wrote:I have read both the Masters & Mercenary series and the Masters of Menage series by Lexi Blake and Shayla Black. I loved them all! Lexi Blake and Cherise Sinclair are two of my favorite erotica writers.
I haven't read anything by Cherise Sinclair. I'll have to check her out.
mellysw
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mellysw.html

Post by mellysw »

*grins* Your welcome :-)

I say that because you will thank me later.
hollirm
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hollirm.html

Post by hollirm »

I read one of the books from the Masters of Menage series by Lexi Blake and Shayla Black and it was amazing, but I haven't got a chance to read the rest of the series. I think something came up, so I had to quite reading for a while and when I went back to reading I think I just picked something random up and didn't finish the series. But I can't wait to finish it now, thank God that I saw this topic so that I can get back to it. Also, I believe that I will really enjoy the Masters and Mercenary series, so when I finish the Masters of Manage series, I'll start it. Thanks for the reminder. Haha.
ananya92
Favorite Author: Jeffrey Archer
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 111
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ananya92.html
Latest Review: A Passover in Peshawar by AM Sardar
fav_author_id: 4949

Post by ananya92 »

I haven't read all the books in the series, but they are pretty good and the storyline is quite saucy in a way.
Sarita Everson
Currently Reading: Lover Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarita-everson.html

Post by Sarita Everson »

mellysw wrote:I have read both the Masters & Mercenary series and the Masters of Menage series by Lexi Blake and Shayla Black. I loved them all! Lexi Blake and Cherise Sinclair are two of my favorite erotica writers.
Totally agree. I would like to add Maya Banks to this list.
Mistress K
Currently Reading: Simon Says
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by Mistress K »

This this an action-packed military BDSM Romance series. It will have your heart pounding and your lags squirming. From smokin hot love scenes, bratty subs and sexy doms, to guns a-blazing these books will have you on the edge of your seats the entire time. There are currently twelve books in the series and she is working on her thirteenth book, that will be out in November. This series gets a 5/5 from me.
EA Turley

Post by EA Turley »

Mistress K wrote:This this an action-packed military BDSM Romance series. It will have your heart pounding and your lags squirming. From smokin hot love scenes, bratty subs and sexy doms, to guns a-blazing these books will have you on the edge of your seats the entire time. There are currently twelve books in the series and she is working on her thirteenth book, that will be out in November. This series gets a 5/5 from me.
I totally agree although you can update the series to book 14 being out on pre-order now.
I would also add Lexi Blake's Topped series to the list as well, as a spin-off of the Masters and Mercenaries series.
Topped is the name of the restaurant that Sean Taggart owns and he employs disabled army veterans that have been put on a medical discharge.
I quote Mistress K by saying "smokin hot love scenes, bratty subs and sexy doms", these guys may be disabled but it doesn't take away from their dominance and sensuality, by any means. They have issues in thinking that their disablements make them less of the sexy men they are, so it's up to the subs that want them to persuade them otherwise. Look them up and get a new side of the Taggarts world along with all the old favs showing up in places.
Alhen James
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =6028">The Darkest Hour</a>
Currently Reading: Unbound
Bookshelf Size: 136

Post by Alhen James »

Lovely_Ink wrote:
Mrs_Beevers wrote:I completely agree. I've read every book up to date in the masters & mercenaries series and the issues every character goes through is thrilling and sexy. Have you read the "Masters of Ménage" series that Lexi Blake and Shayla Black came together on? For some ménage is a too much of a kink in erotic, I rather enjoy the aspects of love in the relationships of the characters. It's a good read!
I've read every book in this series too. I really love this series. Lexi Blake is definitely one of the best romance erotic authors and her books in masters & mercenaries series just proves it.
theresawoods97
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by theresawoods97 »

last book is coming out tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT TO READ IT.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”