Review of The Never Ending Fall

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Lorraine De Vos
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Indian Immigrant
Bookshelf Size: 669
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lorraine-de-vos.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review of The Never Ending Fall

Post by Lorraine De Vos »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Never Ending Fall" by Susan Watson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Never Ending Fall by Susan Watson is the dramatic portrayal of the events of Maddie’s life.

Maddie grew up in a cold and uncaring household. When she met Adam, she knew he was her way out. She married young, had two children, and lived a modest lifestyle. Her initial love for Adam faded, as he turned out to be a cold and distant father to her two loving children. When they were struggling financially, Maddie picked up a job as a waitress at the local country club. She was pursued by a wealthy businessman, and he soon swept her off her feet into a life of luxury. Eventually, it seemed that this lifestyle also came at a price…

This romantic drama was a lovely Sunday afternoon read. The pace was slow but enjoyable, and there were enough dramatic events to keep me interested in the story. The third-person writing style and dialogue allowed for an unabridged version of the entire story.

I simply loved Maddie’s character. She was soft-spoken, loving, and fair. All she ever wanted was to love and be loved. Seeing the growth and inherently optimistic attitude she had, was refreshing. Sadly, her soft temperament allowed unsavory characters to take advantage of her good nature. Her children, Sophie and Adam, were well-rounded and took on the characteristics of their mother. There were also a few antagonists written into the story, giving it the desired theatrical effect.

The impeccable editing of the book made me smile broadly. I could not find a single error to mention. There were a select few instances of borderline profanity. Even though there was mention of a honeymoon, there was no explicit content whatsoever. With these aspects in mind, this book is safe to read by a younger audience. However, I would not recommend the book to children, as I doubt they would find the story interesting. I would also not recommend this book to someone looking for action or thrills. If you are looking for a calm and peaceful Sunday afternoon read, curled up under a blanket in front of the fireplace, with a glass of wine, then this will be your cup of tea.

I enjoyed reading about the full life that Maddie lived, from start to finish, with all the good and the bad expressed so eloquently. She reminded me of my late mother, who was also a soft-natured, loving woman. This book deserves nothing less than a full score of 4 out 4 stars. I hope to review more work by this author soon.

The Never Ending Fall
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

I guess Maddie growing up in an uncaring household left a hole inside her that she thinks she can fill with money and luxury. This is a mistake most people make in real life instead of trying to love themselves in order to heal. I think i might enjoy reading this book. Thanks for the great review.
Precious DA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-da.html
Latest Review: Rise of the Savior by Antoine Bonner

Post by Precious DA »

I would like to know more about Maddie and she whether or not she manges to find the love and care she truly deserves and desires. Thanks for the review!
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

Amazing review. I loved reading about your experience through this book, I admire the fact that this book was able to connect with you on a personal level. I like books with characters that remind of my loved ones, it connects on a different level.
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Touching on events that happen daily, this does sound like a relaxing read. Many eomen marry young to escape a hostile home environment. Thank you for a wonderful review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Honest-reviewer
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-honest-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Sip Lake by joseph basara

Post by Honest-reviewer »

Maddie’s story seems interesting. I’m sure I’ll enjoy reading this. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Mimidee Vanilly
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mimidee-vanilly.html
Latest Review: The Mystery Of Flight 2222 by Thomas Neviaser

Post by Mimidee Vanilly »

I think Maddie is an innocent young lady. Even though she's married and has children. In her mind , she just wanted to raise and support her children. She dissapointed with her husband, because he didn't care for her and his childs.
This book is interesting, because this story happens a lot in real life.
Thanks for your good review.
Abigail Baloyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Abigail Baloyi »

Getting married young is the worst mistake because we end up in a wrong marriage that lead us to poverty and from poverty we end up following rich man for luxury and money. It's a great review i enjoyed a lot from reading it
1mag1n3dat
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by 1mag1n3dat »

I see Maddie was too concerned with her children suffering, she being in the state of poverty led to her pursue of wealth and love was in the picture
NancyDrew12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nancydrew12.html
Latest Review: The Tooth Fairy Makes A Mistake by Great-Aunt Rita

Post by NancyDrew12 »

I wonder what price Maddie is going to end up paying. Its a shame that her kindness and want for love was taken for granted. Nice review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”