Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ntombifuthi Londi
Currently Reading: The Legacy of Job's Wife
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntombifuthi-londi.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of The Legacy of Job's Wife

Post by Ntombifuthi Londi »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Legacy of Job's Wife" by Cynthia Koelker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Legacy of Job’s Wife by Cynthia J. Koelker MD is a fictional romance novel. In this novel, The reader follows the lives of both Job and his wife, Ix’ises. The couple met under the most bizarre circumstances during Ix’ises’ birth. When Ix’ises was born, Job was present in the labor room, and the pair connected instantly and remained by each other’s side until adulthood, where they got married.

The couple were staunch Christians and faithful in their walk with the Lord. The Lord had favored them, and they had all they needed to live a comfortable life until one day when Job lost everything, and his health took a turn for the worst, with his flesh plagued by unsightly sores. Both Ix’ises and Job prayed fervently to God to restore his health, but their prayers seemed to fall on deaf ears, as Job did not get any better. One day, it all became too much for Ix’ises to bear. She encouraged her husband to curse God so that he may die.

The story is narrated by Ix’ises from her perspective. She narrates her love story and shares
beautiful aspects of her marriage. Readers get to experience the faith-filled, loving, obedient, and trustworthy woman that she was. She saw how her husband was suffering, and like any loving wife, she tried her best and nursed her back to health.

The author did a marvelous job by re-writing the story of Job’s wife and offering readers a refreshing perspective into her character. She also successfully provided readers with an alternative viewpoint on familiar characters.

The book has several grammatical errors. These errors were unmissable but can be corrected
through another round of editing.

There is absolutely nothing I have disliked about the book. The author’s approach to the protagonist was refreshing and empowering. I found the story to be informative and educational. I liked how the author could talk about the difficulties of faith and marriage. Her writing style is also admirable.

For the reasons stated above, I rate the book four out of four stars.

This book is ideal for readers who enjoy romance novels. Readers who are interested in an
alternative approach to a biblical female character will delight in this book. This book also portrays marriage in a beautiful light while being realistic. Readers who are married or aspire to get married will enjoy this book and learn valuable lessons.

The Legacy of Job's Wife
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 301
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

What a connection they shared! It was also thoughtful of the author to write the book from the wife's perspective. Quite a refreshing approach. Job well done on the review!
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I have read this book and it is definitely wonderful. The author has done a splendid job on the messages and character development. Great review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like the way you described Ix'ses. She had many amazing qualities. The part about Job being present at her birth was a surprising aspect added by the author! Thanks for your thoughts about Ix'ses and Job and their marriage.
Obioma CM
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obioma-cm.html
Latest Review: Higher Ground by Sophia Edwards-Bennett MD PhD

Post by Obioma CM »

The application of biblical scenes and stories makes me appreciate the book even more. Readers would tend to get more biblical knowledge through a fictional story. Great review!
Ntombifuthi Londi

Nqobile771 wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 02:01 What a connection they shared! It was also thoughtful of the author to write the book from the wife's perspective. Quite a refreshing approach. Job well done on the review!
Nqobile, thank you kindly. It's so nice to read about the book from a female perspective. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did when I first read it.
Ntombifuthi Londi

kdstrack wrote: 17 Aug 2021, 21:21 I like the way you described Ix'ses. She had many amazing qualities. The part about Job being present at her birth was a surprising aspect added by the author! Thanks for your thoughts about Ix'ses and Job and their marriage.
It is, without a doubt, a fantastic book. And, certainly, the character growth was extraordinary. Thank you for your kind remarks.
Ntombifuthi Londi

Obioma CM wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 22:03 The application of biblical scenes and stories makes me appreciate the book even more. Readers would tend to get more biblical knowledge through a fictional story. Great review!
Right? These types of books appeal to a broader audience. Apart from reading the Bible, it was wonderful to receive a different perspective on the situations. Thank you for taking the time to express your gratitude.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”