Review of A Woman of Culture A Novel

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
emeraldlaurice012
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeraldlaurice012.html
Latest Review: Poetic Thoughts of a Young Lion in the Asphalt Jungle by Steven Ederson Sr

Review of A Woman of Culture A Novel

Post by emeraldlaurice012 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "A Woman of Culture A Novel" by CC. Carpenter.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Nancy Paris is the epitome of a strong, beautiful, successful, and independent woman. She works hard for what she has. The only thing that she does not have is a partner in her life—a Virgo man. Her prayers were answered when she met Massimo Russo, a handsome and sophisticated Italian man who, by luck, is a Virgo. Being an English woman, it was inevitable that their cultures would collide at some point. Is Nancy strong enough to endure the Italian gatherings where no one speaks English or the old traditions that she would be forced to participate in?

A Woman of Culture A Novel, by CC. Carpenter, lets you experience what it is like to be submerged into a culture that is not your own. The author portrays the environment in each scene of the book in detail. This detailed description helped make the story more alive in my mind. However, some scenes left me hanging. I wish some events in the story were more shown to the readers, such as the dating stage of Nancy and Massimo and their wedding ceremony. This would have helped me in forming an emotional attachment with the characters and their relationship.

What I liked the most about this book was Nancy herself. She’s everything that I want to be. Being an accountancy student, it surprised me to see a female lead being an accountant. It was inspiring to see how hard and how well she works. Aside from that, Nancy is a modern independent woman. She can think for herself and knows to say no when something does not sit well with her. She doesn’t just take a hit and stands down. I loved Nancy. However, what I disliked the most about this book was her husband, Massimo. I hate that he doesn’t listen to her. Right from the very start of their relationship, he has shown signs of not respecting Nancy’s decision. It bothered me every time Massimo forced one Italian tradition after another to Nancy.

This book was a pleasant read, and I would recommend this to readers who are looking for a realistic read. This is a story of romance that I’m sure often happens in real life. On the other hand, I would not recommend this to readers who are looking for a romance book with steamy scenes.

Although the book contained a few errors, it did not affect my reading experience. The book shows an interesting story of how the culture of two persons may collide with each other and how this may affect their relationship. Nancy is a very likable character, and I enjoyed reading the story from her perspective. Because of this, I’m giving this book 4 out of 4 stars.

A Woman of Culture A Novel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon
Currently Reading: Purges of the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ailakhu-yusau-aizhebiomon.html
Latest Review: Advanced Lotto Rotation System by Joseph Z Vlasic

Post by Ailakhu Yusau Aizhebiomon »

Clear and detailed information of the environment, events, culture, and people makes readers submerged in the story. I think this is exactly what the author has done. I would definitely like to pick up this book as soon as am done with the book I am currently reading. Nice review!
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

For me, a narrative about a female character standing up for herself is always appealing. I suppose I, too, aspire to be like the woman in the story. Thank you for expressing your opinions in such a clear and concise manner.
VictoriousReader
Currently Reading: Vagabond
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoriousreader.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by VictoriousReader »

I am not really into books about romance but the title caught my attention. I like the opinions expressed in the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”