Review of Hannah Swann

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Review of Hannah Swann

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Hannah Swann" by K.C Fraser.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Are you a reader of historical fiction that takes you deep into time past and the lives of outstanding characters with an element of love? If yes, then, Hannah Swann by K. C. Fraser is ideally suited for you. The book is an incredible work of romantic tragedy that explores the themes of romance, love, friendship, and how to redeem oneself from the attendant heartbreaks and betrayals that cannot be avoided.

Tom Miller was a gentleman with no clue of what life holds for him after graduating from the university. His life changed forever after meeting the beautiful and naive Hannah Swann. Together in a relationship, they explored life and love so intensely that nothing else mattered in the whole wide world. But Hannah has a traumatic past and deep-seated feelings of jealousy stemming from inferiority complex and years of emotional abuse by the previous boyfriend. These led to a series of altercations that threatened to unravel the relationship. As the star-struck lovers found themselves in a vibrant and psychological battle to save their relationship, it morphed into a bigger problem of how they need to find meaning for their personal lives. To find out how Tom and Hannah battled their demons and whether their love triumphed or not, take a dive into this book.

Set in the Margaret Thatcher era, Hannah Swann is a book written in the first-person point of view, with Thomas Miller as the protagonist. The book contained many monologues from Tom Miller, and Fraser adeptly uses this to suck the reader into the vortex of emotions that permeated the book. We see the profound way that Tom cares for Hannah and his constant efforts to encourage her to be herself. We see the vast influence that Hannah had on his way of looking at people and the world. It was most significant in the emotional transformation of Tom, as he wandered in the storm at Glen Aig.

Although the storyline is set in the 1980s, it could fit right into the 21st-century drama between families and romantic couples.

Also, I love Hannah as a character. She was the loving, naive, and trusting beauty any man could ever want. She was a free bird who was deeply perceptive and emotionally aware, yet she battled her fair share of insecurities. This contrast of two sides of a coin is quite common throughout the book. The love that brought so much joy to Tom also threatened to consume him.

There is nothing to dislike about this book. Although I found only two errors, they did not detract from my reading experience. Therefore, I am rating this book 4 out of 4 stars for its gripping plot, lifelike characters, and the exploration of deep-seated emotions in the storyline.

I recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction and stories that cause strong emotional reactions. This book may not be a good read for children because it contains a lot of adult content. Lovers of romance will not be disappointed, as it showcases what it means to be deeply loved. In the journey of love, the demons of a partner automatically become the demons of the couple. It can make or mar the relationship. That is my takeaway from this incredible story.

Hannah Swann
View: on Bookshelves
Zaeda Amrin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-zaeda-amrin.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Zaeda Amrin »

Oh, I love an emotional book with realistic characters! Hannah sounds like a relatable character and the plot sounds compelling too. Thanks for the great review!
Aarti Jha
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aarti-jha.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Aarti Jha »

Hannah, Tom and their relationship, everything seems so relatable. I am going to read this book. Thank you so much for this review!
NISSE
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisse.html
Latest Review: Insights for Coaching Leaders beyond 2021 by Jill Flynn

Post by NISSE »

I love reading suspenseful historical drama with a romance involved.This is the reason I love reading Ken Follett novels.This seems to be one such story.Thanks you for the informative review!
Jacques Mwashuma
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jacques-mwashuma.html
Latest Review: Doyle's Law by Sam Roberts

Post by Jacques Mwashuma »

Sounds like a saviour complex story, but essentially shows that everyone carries emotional baggage.
If the heart is clear, it doesn't matter if there's a storm brewing in the sky.

- Bing Xin.
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The swan relationship is a unique. They have a lovely bond between them. I love seeing them making love. The review is excellent. I got much insights. I'll read the book. Thank you.
Ashiraf Sserwadda
Currently Reading: Descendant Deception
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ashiraf Sserwadda »

Nothing strengthen a relationship like sharing the traumas and insecurities , I like hanah's personality as she shows how a standard girl would be .thanks for the review it has really picked my interest I to read it it seems interesting
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

There is nothing I dislike about your review. The character development, story set a little while back, a meaningful and heartfelt relationship that explores intense emotions...I just love it all. Oh and also the fact that it is written in the first person, I find those kinds of novels to be the most engaging and I love monologues internal or external. Thank you for the recommendation, I hope I can read this book soon. Have a lovely day.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”