Review of More Heavens Than One

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of More Heavens Than One

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "More Heavens Than One" by Jennie Linnane.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The world around Jancy Steinmetz changed when her parents moved her and her little brothers from the place she loved and called home to a small farm in Wattle Flat, where her grandparents lived.

Jancy was a young girl who lived with her family in a small town in Australia. She moved with her parents and her two brothers. While growing up, Jancy loved the noisy environment provided by moving trains, cries from children, and sounds coming from moving buses. She preferred it to a farm life filled with the smell of sheep and goats. Jancy preferred a life of activity to a limited life where she was restricted and forced to do farm work. She was faced with the decision to either blend in or find an alternative.

More Heavens Than One by Jennie Linnane is a mind-blowing book with a fantastic storyline. The plot and characters are realistic; every activity portrayed has a similitude to events of everyday life.

I was engrossed and captivated by the author's writing style. I was lured to the book from its introduction, where the author took me on a journey to New South Wales, Australia. Though I haven't been there, I knew so much about the place through the descriptions, from the quietness of the suburbs to the commonplace farm life. It was an exciting journey.

I loved how the author brought me into the lives of the Steinmetz family. Everything from their religious background to the love, bond, farm life they had was a joy to read. I understood that Jancy's family was against anyone who disrespected God. It made sense of some of the religious anecdotes included in the narrative.

Jancy's story taught me lessons that made me realize that every action has repercussions, and family is vital irrespective of how we feel about them. The love that binds us in the family helps us do what we can to make our loved ones proud. I saw the importance of understanding, patience, love, and commitment from a completely different angle. When a person exhibits the above-listed qualities, they will handle the challenges that life brings.

To cap this review, I’d love to mention how the author communicated the culture and tradition of the people using the characters’ conversations. From the dialogues, I could make a good guess of the characters' nativities. These would be two good examples: "I am sorry Mama. Neffer will it happen again." "Go on with y' blinded smoodgin'."

There was nothing that I didn't like about this book. There were a few errors but not enough to cause any upset. Therefore, I’d gladly rate More Heavens Than One four out of four stars. If you're interested in a family-centered story, grab this book right now. For readers who have zero tolerance for any mention of religion in a story, you could take a pass. However, if you wouldn't mind a little religious element that wouldn't detract from the storyline, I recommend this book to you.

More Heavens Than One
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Adego 002
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adego-002.html
Latest Review: Gardening With Guns by AJ Wootton

Post by Adego 002 »

I agree that moving to an opposite surrounding from the one you are used to can be frustrating. I love how you highlight every aspect discussed in the book. This is a very insightful book that I look forward to reading.
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

After reading review, I got you know the plot of book. And it looks interesting. Two brother with different understanding of heven. It is amazing. I'll read this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”