Review of Remembering Hope

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Hannah Eley
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-eley.html
Latest Review: Dreamer by Loretta Kendall

Review of Remembering Hope

Post by Hannah Eley »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Remembering Hope" by Parastoo Rezai.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In the book Remembering hope by Parastoo Rezai, Bahar realizes the inevitability of her husbands prognosis. As she struggles to take care of him she finds out that she is sick too. Luckily, she has family who came to visit and decided to stay a little longer than expected so Bahar can take care of herself while they figured out how to take care of Omid. When the children found out about their father they became angry at the world and started acting out. They did not know how to deal with the immense sadness, so they went to see a counselor. Bahar realizes that she needs to work, so she finishes her credentials to take the bar exam to practice law in the United States.

Remembering hope is a story that brings hope. There can be happiness after a storm, and when there is doubt there is a light at the end of the tunnel you persevere until you see the light again. The book kept switching between the past and the present. It allowed the reader to know the background information on how Bahar and Omid met, and how their marriage worked.

This book was a page turner that was certainly hard to put down after I started reading it. It felt like I was sitting right there next to them as Bahar and Omid went on their first date. I could feel Omids pain, and I could feel Bahars stress as she studied for her exam. I loved how Parastoo Rezai showed the differences between the different cancers, and that they do not all end up with a bad ending. I liked that my emotions were played with by the author. Since reading this book I want to learn more about Iranian culture.

Other than the descriptions being a litttle overboard I feel like this book had no negatives. I absolutely loved this book. I found it nice that the author did not completely skip over the children’s feelings. I felt them like a child would.

I feel like a professional editor edited this book properly. I did not find any spelling errors or grammar errors. I give this book 4 out of 4 stars I think this book is a work of art.

This book would be great for those who likes romance novels. It plays with your heart, but is definitely worth every tear you cry.

Remembering Hope
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”