Official Review: Fate of Leone by Christine T Pachana

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 97
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eriny-youssef.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Official Review: Fate of Leone by Christine T Pachana

Post by Eriny Youssef »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fate of Leone" by Christine T Pachana.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After three years working at a restaurant, Maya Leone discovers that her job entails extracurricular requirements she didn't know about. She learned a lesson that a contract should not be signed without reading it thoroughly. Refusing to take part in these activities, she leaves the job and embarks on a new adventure. Only life had other plans for her.

Fate of Leone is a romantic novel that tackles several issues that include death, grief, rape, pedophilia, desire, and obsessive love. While those grand concepts are heavy and complex, Christine T Pachana delicately explores them in a way that's easy on the heart. The main storyline follows Maya and the changes that happen in her life after she gets involved with the Lennox family. The Lennox family consists of Gabriel, the dashing actor and most sought-after bachelor, his powerful older brother Steven, and their grandmother Emi. Their parents died in a plane crash that left them, especially Gabriel, in an unresolved state.

Maya and Emi develop a strong friendship that becomes the main catalyst for the other events. This unlikely friendship between Maya, a thirty-year-old medical school dropout, and Emi, a grandmother to two distinguished men is what I liked the most. Their relationship was refreshing and interesting from start to end. It also encourages people to have elderly friends. Another thing that I liked was Pachana's gripping writing style. It was hard to put the book down. There was always something to look forward to.

One thing I didn't enjoy was the chapter written from Gabriel's point of view. While I enjoyed getting inside his head to know him more, I found the content of the chapter to be a repetition of previous events. For example, it was nice to know what went through his head when Maya saw him with her ex-roommate Samantha. However, re-telling all the other events that happened in between was a little plodding.

I give this book 3 out 4 stars. The main reason for deducting the fourth star is the editorial inaccuracy. Although the text is well written, it could use another round of proofreading and editing. The editing didn't have a great effect on the reading experience either negatively or positively.

I recommend this novel to fans of romantic suspense. An ongoing love story with a satisfying climax surrounds the whole narrative. The novel contains explicit expositions of sexual intercourse. It also contains incidents of rape, sexual violence, and child abuse. So, for readers who aren't comfortable with any of these, it may not be the book for you. Otherwise, the novel is gripping, entertaining, and eventful. It would make a great movie.

Fate of Leone
View: on Bookshelves
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 813
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I like how the author has written about a friendship between an elderly and a younger character. Characters belonging to the greatest generation are always ignored in most genres. It's refreshing to see the author's efforts here.
Thanks for this amazing review :tiphat:
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

I enjoy a good romance novel, but the child abuse, sexual violence, and rape would be challenging for me to stomach. Thank you for an honest review! I am intrigued to know which man Maya ends up with! Or maybe she is torn between them both? Either way, your review has me intrigued.
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:

Post by Eriny Youssef »

Mindful Wordsmith wrote: 25 Jun 2021, 12:11 I like how the author has written about a friendship between an elderly and a younger character. Characters belonging to the greatest generation are always ignored in most genres. It's refreshing to see the author's efforts here.
Thanks for this amazing review :tiphat:
I couldn't agree more! I loved that part too. Thanks for reading the review!
Eriny Youssef
Currently Reading:

Post by Eriny Youssef »

Ldpuff wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 06:30 I enjoy a good romance novel, but the child abuse, sexual violence, and rape would be challenging for me to stomach. Thank you for an honest review! I am intrigued to know which man Maya ends up with! Or maybe she is torn between them both? Either way, your review has me intrigued.
You could easily foresee when those parts are coming up and skip them. I understand they could be challenging. It was an intriguing read. Thanks for reading the review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”