Official Review: Eagle Rock by F. E. Tabor

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kajori Sheryl Paul
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Noah's Quest
Bookshelf Size: 975
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kajori-sheryl-paul.html
Latest Review: Alien Bonds by Carmen Webster Buxton

Official Review: Eagle Rock by F. E. Tabor

Post by Kajori Sheryl Paul »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Eagle Rock" by F. E. Tabor.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

We never know where our destiny may lead. It might be to a place least expected by us. However, once we are on our destined path, we feel at ease.

In F. E. Tabor's Eagle Rock, unexpected events forge Kila Kincaid's journey to her destined path. Born and brought up in California, Kila is a city girl. Her job as a veterinarian makes her happy. However, her life comes crashing down with the loss of her baby brother, Kipp. Kipp had fallen in love with Eagle Rock in Montana. He had acquired the ranch in the hopes of building a life there. Kila decides to visit Montana to take care of his affairs.

Would Eagle Rock enchant Kila? Would she stay to keep Kipp's dreams alive? Would she ever find out what happened to Kipp? Would Kila finally find her destiny?

Inspired by Larry Baer's screenplay, Tabor weaves a tale of fate and faith in his book, Eagle Rock. She is a dab hand at creating relatable characters. We root for Kila from the very beginning. Her devastation after losing her only brother makes us cry with her. Her bond with her dog, Murphy, is adorable. Her little interactions with him make us smile. Jonathon and Jackie are wonderful friends. They create a strong support system for Kila. It was a treat witnessing the growing bond between Jonathon and Jackie. Like Kila, we fall in love with Eagle Rock. We are enraged when folks deride a woman's desire to ranch. We are intrigued by Blake Black Bear, the Indian, who had come to deliver the bison.

Blake is a strong and dependable man. He is not capricious. He is someone on whom anyone would like to depend. Blake and Kila's relationship grew at a slow and steady pace. I loved their skirmish of wits. Actually, I loved watching them fall in love. One of my favorite characters was Thomas. The kindly man won my heart from the very beginning.

F. E. Tabor brings the harsh beauty of Montana alive with her words. The picturesque snow mountains and the short ski trails made me want to visit Montana. If I had to point out one shortcoming, it would be the presence of errors. The typographical and grammatical errors can easily be taken care of with a round of editing and proofreading.

Keeping in mind the pros and cons, I rate Eagle Rock 3 out of 4 stars. Once the book goes through a round of editing and proofreading, I would certainly award it a perfect rating. I recommend this book to fans of romance novels and ranching tales. People who enjoy a good mystery may like this as well.

Eagle Rock
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ldpuff
Currently Reading: Josh and Hazel's Guide to Not Dating
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ldpuff.html
Latest Review: The Merriest, The Beariest Bears by Doreen M. Atkinson

Post by Ldpuff »

This book reminds me of a book by K.A. Tucker that I just read! I love a good location change story where the main character becomes a much better version of themselves. I also love when the main character falls for a local! Such a classic story. Great review.
Thabo Sibanda 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thabo-sibanda-1.html
Latest Review: Going Gone by Abraham Lopez

Post by Thabo Sibanda 1 »

I like the fact that the book storyline is vague and unpredictable. I would love to join Kila on her journey. Thabk you for a great review.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”