Official Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
iva_ivanova
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-iva-ivanova.html
Latest Review: Deviancy by Rose Linderman, Psy.D.

Re: Official Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by iva_ivanova »

Sounds like my kind of story. I'm always looking for books that discuss sexuality without the usual prejudice. Th world needs more books and films like that! I'd love to read this novel!
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: Rainbow’s End
Bookshelf Size: 357
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

This sounds like a powerful book for those who enjoy this type of story. I try to avoid books with a lot of sexual content. Also, my beliefs are different than those in the book so I will have to pass! Thank you for the great review!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Lilian Makafui
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Lilian Makafui »

I loved the story so much and the story line .wow Marc now know as Marci ,his dream and the dream of his last parents.I have learnt alot,hmmm sometimes when you are the only child of your parents and you really want a kid sibling .And your parents don't want you to surfer like they did or don't want you to be i need of something in future they take alot of risk . Being the only child of both parents, you don't know any relative .But day your parents are no more you start meeting them .You become lost like Marc . These what happens in our lives today and the situations we face or find ourselves.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. It seems Marci's story will be a great encouragement for those who are still struggling to accept their inner selves.
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1437
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Today's BOTD is a coming-of-age story that begins on a backpacking trip overseas with Marc - a teen dealing with the loss of his parents - and continues with Marci in the US, as she faces personal challenges and the ups and downs of life. Readers will appreciate the themes about identity, acceptance, love, and family, as they are presented in a way that's realistic and relevant to the world today. I haven't read many books of this genre, so I think I may give it a try...Uncle Jack sounds like an amazing character, and I'm looking forward to meeting him. Thank you for the helpful review! :-)
Petronila O
Favorite Book: Annihilation
Currently Reading: Free Fish Friday
Bookshelf Size: 556

Post by Petronila O »

At only 18 Marc is suddenly alone in the world to cope with his griefs he travels to Europe were he hope to find himself the new night life, new friends and sudden trauma lead Marc to realize that he is more comfortable as a woman nice book I will always recommend ⭐⭐⭐
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

I read the sample and quickly thought of a couple of philosophical questions. It also made me laugh, especially when Marc, the narrator of the story noted that when he arrived in London, England, he found it easy to find the Main Line to Windermere, the Lake District of Cumbria, because the signs were in English. I found the way the author tried to set up the story for what would follow interesting and telling. The main topic of the story does not encourage me to want to read more. Thanks for the good review on this book.
Maddie Atkinson
Favorite Author: Julia Chapman
Favorite Book: gender euphoria
Currently Reading: A Date with Justice
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maddie-atkinson.html
Latest Review: A King Amongst Us by A.D. Lewis
fav_author_id: 84942

Post by Maddie Atkinson »

cd20 wrote: 21 Jun 2021, 17:34 I should have guessed what the book was about from the cover, but didn't realize it. Thank you for an informative review. Due to several issues, I will not be reading this one.
It might help you to truly understand what it is like to be a trans person. I myself fall under the umbrella (I am non binary). I Know religion can make it difficult to want to understand these things, but a book about journey of self discovery might help to understand!
"I decided a while ago not to deny myself the simpler pleasures of existence" - Augustus Waters (The Fault in Our Stars)
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: People we meet on vacation
Bookshelf Size: 2398
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I applaud that the author chose to deep dive into a situation that most writers just broach in passing. I didn't know that the Jewish faith embraced their transgendered believers, but that's absolutely awesome because losing their community is one of the challenges that people who choose to transition face.
It seems like an awesome book, and I hope the author considers your comments so he can deliver an even better version of it. Thank you!
Umesh Bhatt
Favorite Book: Identity And Violence
Currently Reading: Make Your Message Matter
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umesh-bhatt.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 8
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Umesh Bhatt »

The plot of the book seems to be very interesting. A growing boy finally finding a girl in himself is a big challenge in one's life. The review is evoking interest in us to go through the whole book. Thanks for a nice review.
Knowledge is power but one has to be a bookworm! :techie-studyingbrown:
Aan Granados
Currently Reading: Massacre Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 873
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aan-granados.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Aan Granados »

This book gives an insight into a transgender's feelings and inner thoughts. Many who are struggling with their identity will find this interesting and insightful. Thanks for your review.
Matlhodi Nozwayo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matlhodi-nozwayo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Matlhodi Nozwayo »

This is some very deep content here. It is always necessary to have people understand people around them so we can all learn to be accepting of each other. I do not mind sexual content as well so it does sound like something I would want to try.
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

Books that gives out little romance favours me so I would love to know more about these young characters and how they dealt with friendship issues.
Thanks for the review and congratulations to the author on winning BOTD.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that Larry G. Goldsmith addressed the issue of transgender people in the book. It is commendable that this was done through the character of Marc/Marci and not through research and theory.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an amazing contemporary life fiction novel highlighting grief, loss, detachment, friendship, romance, LGBTQ, and unique characterization. The book is temporarily discounted on Amazon Kindle and has a well-written OnlineBookClub review. Congrats on the BOTD selection.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”