Official Review: More of Us to the West by Trinity Dunn

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kristy Khem
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Carmela
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristykhem.html
Latest Review: Hattie Vavaseur by M. Rebecca Wildsmith

Official Review: More of Us to the West by Trinity Dunn

Post by Kristy Khem »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "More of Us to the West" by Trinity Dunn.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The unthinkable happens when a plane destined for Bora Bora encounters a storm and crashes into the sea. The trip was supposed to help Alaina and Chris rekindle the spark in their marriage, but it succeeded in separating them when Alaina found herself on a lifeboat with eleven other survivors, none of whom were Chris. There’s only one familiar face among them – Jack Volmer, a former teen actor. Alaina instantly recognizes him from the posters she kept as a teenager. Injured but alive, the survivors make it to an uninhabited island after sailing for days.

As time passes, the chances of being rescued ebb like the tides of the sea. Isolation forces the surviving strangers to bond. Alaina seeks solace in Jack’s presence, but she struggles to find a balance between her past and her present. Against the backdrop of their blossoming romance, a dark mystery surrounding the plane crash and the island’s identity begins to unfold. More of Us to the West is the first book in Trinity Dunn’s Adrift series, and it takes its readers on a thrilling adventure to show them that tragedy often brings strange new beginnings. Grab some popcorn because this one will play out in your imagination like a movie.

This novel is best suited for fans of Lost and Survivor. Adults who like romance and adventure novels shouldn't wait to get this book. Potential readers should be aware that the novel contains sensitive topics, such as violence and death. This is a lengthy book that spans over 1000 pages in my e-book reader. It’s not a light read, but it is worth reading. What’s even better is that a professional editor must have prepared it before publication because there weren’t a lot of errors to disrupt my flow of reading.

The characters in this book are the ones that really make this story shine. Each one is distinctly different in appearance, age, and personality. They make the tale very realistic. Apart from Jack and Alaina, other survivors include a teen boy, a little girl, and a pair of grandparents. One of my favorite characters was a guy whose distinct Southern accent was displayed in all of his dialogues in the book. He was an easygoing, down-to-earth person who used a lot of hilarious idioms.

Besides the initial plane crash, other sinister events in the characters’ lives made the story unpredictable and thrilling. Gory injuries and ferocious animals are expected when people live on a deserted island. The book delivered that, but it also demonstrated real conflicts and an evil side of human nature. Moreover, the book makes it pleasantly impossible to understand the island’s real identity. Little clues are hidden in the descriptions and dialogues. They hint at fantasy, sci-fi, and paranormal elements, but any of these could be possible. I enjoyed thinking about all of the different theories.

At first, I neither liked Alaina nor Jack because they both seemed a little uncaring and pessimistic. However, the book regularly shared some of Alaina’s memories which helped me to understand her personality and her marriage. Eventually, I warmed up to her and even became concerned when she encountered challenges. I began to admire Jack when I realized how levelheaded, thoughtful, and romantic he was.

It takes a lot of skill to produce a story that’s not only set in an exotic and mysterious location but also successfully merges adventure, romance, humor, and suspense. I really enjoyed this novel. The characters are unique, the plot is unpredictable, and the main characters evolve, learn, and grow together. Therefore, I’m happy to award More of Us to the West four out of four stars.

More of Us to the West
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kanchan Sharma
Currently Reading: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kanchan-sharma.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Kanchan Sharma »

The review is interesting and intriguing. I am eager to read the book.
Theresa Stolk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Theresa Stolk »

Very well written, and descriptive, making a reader eager to read this book, although it runs to over 1000 pages. Might make a good tv series from the description.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Post by Peace Odii »

A fascinating intrigue of clash of relationship. I'm in!
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

Kanchan Sharma wrote: 16 May 2021, 03:51 The review is interesting and intriguing. I am eager to read the book.
I enjoyed the story and I think you will love it! Thank you for commenting on my review!
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

Theresa Stolk wrote: 16 May 2021, 05:33 Very well written, and descriptive, making a reader eager to read this book, although it runs to over 1000 pages. Might make a good tv series from the description.
Thank you! I totally agree with you - if this was a TV series, I would definitely watch it!
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

Piece Nkem wrote: 16 May 2021, 06:52 A fascinating intrigue of clash of relationship. I'm in!
Awesome! Happy reading! Thanks for stopping by to read and comment on my review.
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you for an insightful and informative review! The book sounds great. I would like to read it. But 1000 pages sounds pretty long.😅
Kristy Khem
Currently Reading:

Post by Kristy Khem »

Kavita Shah wrote: 16 May 2021, 09:00 Thank you for an insightful and informative review! The book sounds great. I would like to read it. But 1000 pages sounds pretty long.😅
Yeah, it's a pretty long book! Maybe one day, if you have the time, you can check it out :)
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

This sounds like an adventure to read. As the first book in a series, I’m very interested to find out what happens and read the continuing story. Thanks for the great review
Ahmed Adam
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ahmed Adam »

Very interesting and a good piece of work there I would love to read the continuity, much obliged for the superb review.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Great review. Thank you for sharing.
Pallavi Lakra
Currently Reading: Apotheosis Now
Bookshelf Size: 44

Post by Pallavi Lakra »

It must have been one interesting book as 1000 pages is a lot but the author took the opportunity to share every character's narrative and make it appealing. Thanks for the wonderful review.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I can't help but wonder what happened to Jack and Alaina

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”