Official Review: The Witch, the Christian, and the Outlaw

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
scaryeyes_25
Currently Reading: Glitter on the Rocks
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scaryeyes-25.html
Latest Review: Spoken on the Wind by Faye Westlake Newman

Official Review: The Witch, the Christian, and the Outlaw

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Witch, the Christian, and the Outlaw" by M. Benjamin Woodall.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Witch, the Christian, and the Outlaw (Archives of the Witch Book 2) by M. Benjamin Woodall is a historical fiction set in the 1860s, somewhere in West Montana. It is about a gunslinging witch, a card swindler Christian, and a drunk U.S. Marshall drawn together by a map to a famous goldmine. The three fought against the wicked Sheriff Plummer, who is also after the said map and goldmine. Plummer is determined to possess the map and plunder the goldmine leaving dead bodies on his path. Can the trio outrun and outwit Plummer? Or will the outlaws outnumber and defeat the trio? And how does an Indian fit in the picture? Is he a friend or a foe?

What I like most about this book are the unique characters. I enjoy how outrageous Greg Henry’s character is. I cannot resist my smile every time Henry makes an appearance. He makes this book unique compared to other western historical fiction out there. Can anyone be excessively drunk like Henry? I also fell in love with Blacksnake. Her outlook on life and her willingness to help people in need is something to be desired. She will not abandon you no matter what.

I cannot think of anything to dislike about this book. Initially, I was having difficulty understanding the dialogues because of the accent. But after a chapter, I was able to acclimate myself with the accent flow and appreciate the comic banter and cowboy jokes the characters were giving. I also like that Woodall included cowboy songs. It added to the genuineness of the Western culture that he is trying to sell.

In summary, I am thrilled to give 4 out of 4 stars to The Witch, the Christian, and the Outlaw (Archives of the Witch Book 2) by M. Benjamin Woodall. I believe this is exceptionally well-edited because I did not find any errors. Despite the accent issue at the start, I enjoyed the book. The light humor, the unique plot, the witty banter among the characters, and the excellent storytelling provided me with the easy read I was hoping for. The author’s play of words makes the journey realistic and enjoyable. I can picture every character under the intense western sun exchanging insults and bullets.

I recommend this to mature readers looking for books about cowboys, outlaws, and Indians. Because of the violence surrounding the outlaws, I discourage young readers from picking up this book. Readers will have a grand time experiencing the wild west. The easy banter among the characters can give readers slight relief from the anxiety of the real world.

The Witch, the Christian, and the Outlaw
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Miriam nkere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miriam-nkere.html
Latest Review: Rosa, a Survivor from Terrorism by Dan Verin

Post by Miriam nkere »

Book filled with puzzle, and how desparate man can be over gold. will really be an interesting and captivating book. Good review
Mercy119
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fireside119.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Mercy119 »

The diverse cast of characters, especially the card-swindling Christian draws me to this book. The author's captivating storytelling will entertain readers who pick it up.
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

This seems like a very entertaining book. Thank you for sharing with us.
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I can feel your excitement about the book through your review. It must’ve been a great story to do that!
scaryeyes_25

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

Miriam nkere wrote: 13 May 2021, 09:35 Book filled with puzzle, and how desparate man can be over gold. will really be an interesting and captivating book. Good review
Yes, we can say Plummer is a very desperate and determined man. I hope you also find the book captivating. Best regards.
scaryeyes_25

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

Fireside119 wrote: 13 May 2021, 10:50 The diverse cast of characters, especially the card-swindling Christian draws me to this book. The author's captivating storytelling will entertain readers who pick it up.
Zach, the Christian is indeed an interesting character. I hope you enjoy reading this. Best regards.
scaryeyes_25

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

Mtibza eM wrote: 13 May 2021, 13:58 This seems like a very entertaining book. Thank you for sharing with us.
It was indeed an entertaining book. Hope you like it as well. Best regards.
scaryeyes_25

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

Booklover Becca wrote: 14 May 2021, 15:03 I can feel your excitement about the book through your review. It must’ve been a great story to do that!
I am glad that my review came across like that. I try my best to share what I gain from every book I read. I hope you try the book too. Best regards.
cd20
Favorite Book: Hope Between the Pages
Currently Reading: Growing Slow: Lessons on Un-Hurrying Your Heart from an Accidental Farm Girl
Bookshelf Size: 823
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cd20.html
Latest Review: Now Unto Him by Melissa Huggins
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cd20 »

The title of this book sounds like the beginning of a bad joke, LOL. It is interesting and catches your attention. Accents tend to bother me in books, as they did you in the first chapter. I prefer for the author to start with the accent, then you just know it is there later. Otherwise, I find it harder to read, as the accent is a distraction. Was there any profanity in the book? It does sound pretty interesting. Thanks for the great review!
Real life is dreadfully tedious, the way it interrupts reading. -Things We Didn't Say by Amy Lynn Green
scaryeyes_25

Post by scaryeyes_25 »

cd20 wrote: 18 May 2021, 13:30 The title of this book sounds like the beginning of a bad joke, LOL. It is interesting and catches your attention. Accents tend to bother me in books, as they did you in the first chapter. I prefer for the author to start with the accent, then you just know it is there later. Otherwise, I find it harder to read, as the accent is a distraction. Was there any profanity in the book? It does sound pretty interesting. Thanks for the great review!
Yes, there was some profanity but not derogatory in nature. I hope you got to read it as well.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”