McKETTRICK'S CHOICE by Linda Lael Miller

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Swanangel15
Favorite Author: To many to count
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-swanangel15.html

Icon McKETTRICK'S CHOICE by Linda Lael Miller

Post by Swanangel15 »

I got this book at a book swap and I reluctantly picked it up to read it, thinking that I would not enjoy the book. Boy was I wrong, I have to stop passing judgement on books before I read them, otherwise I would miss out on a lot of good books.

What would you do if a letter came to you telling you that the man who raised you is about to lose his land and a good friend of yours is going to hang for a crime he did not commit?........oh and it's also your wedding day!

If your answer is get married well I'm sorry but you would be wrong. Hot Mckettrick choose his "adopted family" and rode of to Texas on his horse to save the people he loves.

Lorelei Fellows is the daughter of a tyrant of a judge who as a statement burned her wedding dress in the town square after finding her soon to be husband in bed with a house maid, and on there wedding day no less.

After watching the dress burn a few minutes, Lorelei turned to walk away when large hands grab her and she is turned to face the angry face of Holt Mckettrick.

Holt never saw someone like Miss Lorelei, especially since she was foolish enough to start a fire that could spread like wildfire. After having some words between each other, Lorelei stalks off hoping that Holt will go back from where ever he came from.

But as luck would have it, in order for the both of them to achieve their goals, they keep bumping into each other. Holt has to save his adopted father's ranch, prove his best friend innocence and keep everyone alive whilst doing it and having some ungrateful to proud of a woman tagging along when an opportunity to purchase cattle arises, is going to add a whole new set of problems that he did not need.

Lorelei was adamant, and with the combine farces of Holt's brother and reason, Lorelei wins. So they all set out on a cattle drive.

On their way the encountered Comanches, ghost, a fire and a deaf baby. Taking on those was the easy part for Holt, dealing with Lorelei as the hard part. Feel like your missing something, read the book to fill in the blanks.

I liked this book, I read the urgency in what the writer wrote, there was a lot of what if's and I liked that. the romance, to me, seemed like an after thought. You have all this story and then the romance was there and it did not seem to really fit with their personalities. I keep getting thrown by what Holt and Lorelei said to each other, especially the love scene. It did not fit because Lorelei does not come of like the type of woman to give in as easily as she did.

Other than that, I was satisfied by the book and I know you would too, to look for Linda Lael Miller, she writes exciting and thrilling work.
Dezire06
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dezire06.html

Post by Dezire06 »

I Loved McKettricks Choice so Much that I went and got almost all of Lina Lael Millers Books they are all as good as McKettricks Choice.
Reading lady
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reading-lady.html
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M

Post by Reading lady »

I have read pretty much the whole series and they are all great. If you haven't read the others be sure to get them as well. Sherry Woods also does a line of western style romance novels that are equally as good.
Latest Review: "Cunnilingus Mastery" by John M
bwoodpt
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bwoodpt.html

Post by bwoodpt »

I love, love, love the McKettrick series! I enjoy series that include strong family bonds, and it is fun to read about characters whose story continues in subsequent books.
MHarris

Post by MHarris »

I love the McKettrick series. I also love all of the Linda Lael Miller books that I have read. You get a little romance, drama, and comedy. What's not to love.
Bengemann527
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bengemann527.html

Post by Bengemann527 »

I love reading about the McKee trick family! Linda Lael Miller never disappoints.
slygirl414
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slygirl414.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by slygirl414 »

LOVE Linda Lael Miller and the McKettrick family. Heck, I pretty much love all of her books! lol
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Last Chance Cafe
Bookshelf Size: 218
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

Swanangel15 wrote: 27 Mar 2014, 18:23 I got this book at a book swap and I reluctantly picked it up to read it, thinking that I would not enjoy the book. Boy was I wrong, I have to stop passing judgement on books before I read them, otherwise I would miss out on a lot of good books.

What would you do if a letter came to you telling you that the man who raised you is about to lose his land and a good friend of yours is going to hang for a crime he did not commit?........oh and it's also your wedding day!

If your answer is get married well I'm sorry but you would be wrong. Hot Mckettrick choose his "adopted family" and rode of to Texas on his horse to save the people he loves.

Lorelei Fellows is the daughter of a tyrant of a judge who as a statement burned her wedding dress in the town square after finding her soon to be husband in bed with a house maid, and on there wedding day no less.

After watching the dress burn a few minutes, Lorelei turned to walk away when large hands grab her and she is turned to face the angry face of Holt Mckettrick.

Holt never saw someone like Miss Lorelei, especially since she was foolish enough to start a fire that could spread like wildfire. After having some words between each other, Lorelei stalks off hoping that Holt will go back from where ever he came from.

But as luck would have it, in order for the both of them to achieve their goals, they keep bumping into each other. Holt has to save his adopted father's ranch, prove his best friend innocence and keep everyone alive whilst doing it and having some ungrateful to proud of a woman tagging along when an opportunity to purchase cattle arises, is going to add a whole new set of problems that he did not need.

Lorelei was adamant, and with the combine farces of Holt's brother and reason, Lorelei wins. So they all set out on a cattle drive.

On their way the encountered Comanches, ghost, a fire and a deaf baby. Taking on those was the easy part for Holt, dealing with Lorelei as the hard part. Feel like your missing something, read the book to fill in the blanks.

I liked this book, I read the urgency in what the writer wrote, there was a lot of what if's and I liked that. the romance, to me, seemed like an after thought. You have all this story and then the romance was there and it did not seem to really fit with their personalities. I keep getting thrown by what Holt and Lorelei said to each other, especially the love scene. It did not fit because Lorelei does not come of like the type of woman to give in as easily as she did.

Other than that, I was satisfied by the book and I know you would too, to look for Linda Lael Miller, she writes exciting and thrilling work.
I agree with you 100%. I live all of her work.
Oiie234

Post by Oiie234 »

:techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown: I wasn't sure I would enjoy reading this book but I was so wrong!
There is an unusual balance of suspense, comedy, drama and romance all in one.
It is awesome

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”