Review by Ida Muthoki 1 -- The Binding Stone by Liz D. Marx

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ida Muthoki 1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ida-muthoki-1.html
Latest Review: The Binding Stone by Liz D. Marx

Review by Ida Muthoki 1 -- The Binding Stone by Liz D. Marx

Post by Ida Muthoki 1 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Binding Stone" by Liz D. Marx.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Binding Stone: The Raven's Trail -Book continues the adventures of Chloe Doyle and Mason. The book comprises of different genres ie romance, fantasy, and history. In the first book, Chloe and Mason manage to return the stone to its original habitants .They are destined to be together their love survives a lot of obstacles. In book two they fly to New York wanting to spend quality time together. All this is cut short by Pamela who witnessed the power of the stone and wants to auction it as compensation. The auction is supposed to take place at Sotheby's Auction House in New York but after Mason registered the event was moved to a mansion in Hamptons. Mason hired a PI called Foster who had experience in police work and had a romantic history with Pamela ie in the first book.

On arrival, they realize that they aren't the only ones after the stone, Hancock, Pamela's former boss is after the stone too. Hancock scares away Pamela and she runs off. Pamela is also haunted by Johnny's ghost. He has another part of the stone. Johnny was found by Running Bison and taken in by the foster team at Caddoan Cultural Centre. Will the team truck Johnny and Pamela? And does the stone only have two pieces or more? Foster is also determined not to let Pamela's beauty cloud his judgment. Will he be able to resist her this time?

I love how the author describes the characters of the story. The story is full of twists and turns and leaves no space for the reader to guess what comes next. The author shows the effects of magic both positive and negative. The book is full of history. I felt like I was in Hot Springs near the mystical valley. The reading experience was amazing, more like watching a movie. The author concluded the story in a captivating manner. The book is also professionally edited leaving no space for errors. I love how the author visualizes a magical world and gods.

The only negative thing I found in the book is the number of characters it has. They are so many and some resurface only once. Apart from that everything else was okay. So this book deserves the highest rating 4 out of 4 stars.

I'd recommend the book to the lovey-dovey type and those who love fantasy because of the magical land and gods. The book would also suit those who believe in date and destiny.

The Binding Stone
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”