Official Review: The Woman Tells by Karla Davis-Luster

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Anthony__
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anthony.html
Latest Review: Its Saddest Sound by Pirjo Marjut Vega-Brandt

Official Review: The Woman Tells by Karla Davis-Luster

Post by Anthony__ »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Woman Tells" by Karla Davis-Luster.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What to do when there’s another woman in the picture threatening your relationship? Karla Davis-Luster answers this question and many more in her book titled The Woman Tells. The novel is a self-help book on romantic relationships that uses the concept of anonymity for its characters.

The book investigates the life of a couple and their challenges in keeping their marriage working. The wife is bored and feels neglected. She suspects her husband is cheating on her. She confronts him, but he tactically denies it. Then, another man walks into her existence. He’s her Knight in shining armor; he gives her all the attention she needs and treats her like a queen. Her world becomes divided. Either she stays loyal to her husband or pursues happiness with her newly found soulmate. Meanwhile, the mistress falls in love with the husband. She is willing to fight to establish her place in his life. Each of these characters has a story and a decision to make. Read up on this intriguing story to find out more about how their lives are intertwined and complicated.

The book, though short, is powerfully written. The language structure is not complex. The author employs a role-playing system to present readers with a multi-dimension view into the intricacies of romance and relationships. She also included images with interesting captions after each chapter to bolster her points. There’s also a journal attached to the book for writing experiences and action plans while reading. In Karla’s own words about the journal, “Self-reflection is always a great way to hopefully establish a better outcome.”

I love the idea of anonymity behind the story. Although that is not a conventional way of storytelling, the author managed it well. I also like that we get to see what each person is thinking, making it hard to pick the bad person. I love how the author explains each character’s struggle.

The author’s recommendation on handling relationship and marital issues were quite interesting. Her description of different stages of a relationship is relatable to most ladies in a relationship. I like the last chapter, Accountability. It talks about sharing your expectations and concerns with your partner. The golden nuggets on getting a 100% in any relationship are enshrined in all the book pages. I admire her manner of approach. While focusing on the feminine gender, she didn’t go on a male-bashing spree. This book is more than a story; it’s a book of empowerment. For these reasons, I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars. Also, the book was well edited; I noticed only a few minor grammatical errors.

In conclusion, I recommend the book to men and women striving to keep their relationships afloat or those trying to find a balance between happiness and what’s right. On a final note, there is nothing to dislike about the book.

The Woman Tells
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

I’m glad the author could convey their ideas so concisely. I love third person perspectives, especially when it gives insight into each persons thoughts. Thanks for the great review
Nada Diaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nada-diaa.html
Latest Review: Lost in the reflecting pool by Diane Pomerantz

Post by Nada Diaa »

Wow your review just made me start reading the book right away. It will be my first time to read this type of books. I've always wanted to read something about relationships and how to make it healthy and strong. So it's good to know how the author achieved that in an exciting way.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”