Official Review: Old Sins by Jaylynn Wylie

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Truth and Evil
Bookshelf Size: 744
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: All You'll Never Be (Kindle Edition) by E. L. Neve

Official Review: Old Sins by Jaylynn Wylie

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Old Sins" by Jaylynn Wylie.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Rye Chambers came from a family of Jackals, a biker gang that dealt with drugs, brutality, murder, sex trafficking, and women are joint property without any value. His father is the head of the gang and is serving a life sentence, plus an additional 40 years without parole, in prison for a double murder. Although he was acquitted, Rye has killed one man and severely maimed another one protecting his sister. Rye’s brother is vice president of the Jackals, and his two sisters are married to gang members. He still sees his brother, Luke, and sister, Lara, occasionally. Cat came from a family that is the total opposite. Her dad is a former judge turned real estate lawyer, who believes in family life where you mow the lawn, play golf, vote Republican, and work a good job. Willow, Cat’s foster sister, is a cop on a task force investigating the Jackals. Can two people from such different worlds fall in love and have a lasting relationship? You will need to read Old Sins: Old Series Book One by Jaylynn Wylie to find out.

There are a few things I like about this book. Firstly, the author does a fantastic job describing the emotions that the characters go through. I could feel their love, fear, and confusion. Secondly, I like the loyalty between the characters. Cat’s friends, Willow and Ashley, always have her back regardless of any decision she makes. Finally, this book is an action-packed page-turner that kept my attention from the beginning until the end. This resulted in my having a hard time putting the book down.

There are also a few things I dislike about the book. Firstly, not to bury my head in the sand, I do not like the idea that children are growing up, never knowing a home where they are loved, wanted, and valued. This book brings this fact home. Secondly, I could have done without some of the sex scenes; they seemed excessive. Finally, this book has not been edited by a professional editor. There were over ten errors in the first 50 pages. The missing words, words in the wrong order, missing punctuation, typos, and grammatical errors were distracting.

Although this book needs editing, I am still giving it 3 out of 4 stars. I thought about giving the book two stars but decided against it because it is a good book, and I enjoyed reading it despite the distractions. The book would be deserving of four stars if a professional editor edited it.

This book should be read by adults only. It is not appropriate for younger readers due to the sexual content and non-borderline profanity. If you are a sensitive reader regarding erotic sexual content that leaves little to the imagination, you will want to avoid this book. Romance fans will enjoy this book.

Old Sins
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Petruschka1
Currently Reading: India in Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petruschka1.html
Latest Review: Watchwords (black and white) by Philip Neal Gatter

Post by Petruschka1 »

Thank you for your honest review. I like the fact, that the book is not only about love, but also about friendship.
Floramay Espino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Floramay Espino »

Thanks for the advise that it should be read by adult only and good job you did an honest review.
Alana Rey
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alana-rey.html
Latest Review: Awakening by Tayma Tameem

Post by Alana Rey »

I love motorcycle club books but this seems a bit different than your regular mc books. I might give it a try.
carryminati
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by carryminati »

I really liked the idea and the base of the book it is really very interesting to read and It is very creative about the motorcycle club..💗

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”