Review by Agmada20 -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Agmada20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-agmada20.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Agmada20 -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journ...

Post by Agmada20 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Lily was just nine years old when she got separated from her mother. She was snatched from her mother by a man she got to know was her father that same day and was put up for an auction. In her new master's home, she secretly became best friends with his last son, James, who was also around her age. They told each other everything and did almost everything together. But this friendship did not last for too long as Mr Jesse Adams, James's father, got to know about their company. James was forced to act mean towards his best friend, which was how they lost their friendship. Lily then got to teach herself how to play Mrs Adams's piano; she found solace in music. Two years later, James left for school and came back four years later. What happens next? Read to find out.

The Prodigy Slave, book one: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye is a historical romance novel. It is the first book in the series. It depicts the lives of slaves, what they go through, how they are treated in their society and all.

It revolves around Lily, the protagonist of the novel. Her strength and courage were captivating; she was a very cheerful person despite everything she was going through. She was always forgiving and trusting easily. She always showed appreciation for little things as well.

I liked the character development of the book, then the slave codes that started every chapter. It made it easier to understand why people ignored some kind of things that wouldn't have been overlooked given a normal situation. The book was very engaging and totally suspenseful. I totally didn't expect the ending I saw. I'm totally looking forward to reading the next book in the series.

I didn't dislike anything about the book, everything seemed perfectly written, and I loved the storyline. I didn't notice any errors, and the grammar was perfect. The author used excellent words to describe all the characters emotions, and I enjoyed reading the book, so I am rating the book 4 out of 4 stars.

I strongly recommend this book to readers who love romance and history. Because of the slave codes in the book, I recommend it to readers who love books on slavery. It contains some profane words and erotic scenes, so it's not suitable for young readers.

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”