Review by Amrita B -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Amrita B
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading: Perfect
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amrita-b.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Amrita B -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journ...

Post by Amrita B »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Throughout the 17th and 18th centuries people were kidnapped from the continent of Africa , forced into slavery in the American colonies and exploited to work as indentured servants and labor in the production of crops such as tobacco and cotton . Blacks were treated as a property who didn’t have the right to claim their power nor had the Right for Education . During that time , a girl of 9 years old called Lily was snatched away from her mother( a slave ) by her own father and was sold to Jesse Adams who was a white . She grew up in his place like other slaves . But as time went by she realized she has a talent for music which was god gifted and through music she could always express her sorrows and pain . When Lily was brought to Jesse Adams home she also met a boy who was a white too with whom she developed a deep friendship as a child . As she grew up she started developing romantic feelings for this boy but being a slave , a black , who has no right to raise their voice to reclaim their power , will she be ever able to share his feelings for him ? Will the society accept the inter-racial relationship ? Or Will she be ever be able to run away from this slavery system and live freely on her own terms and find the love of her life ? All these questions made me stick to the end of this book .

The Prodigy Slave , Book one : Journey to Winter Garden written by Londyn Skye is an exceptionally breathtaking book to read which takes you to experience a roller coaster ride . What I loved about this book is it’s capability to switch on your different emotional plugs . While reading this book I went through so many ups and downs of emotions . At one point I was hurt , I cried ,felt jealous another point I felt so happy . Although the characters were fictional but the way the author portrayed each scenes of this plot I felt they were actually real . Sometimes , I felt the whole scene was happening right in of me . It really took me to that historical period of America .This book also has glimpse of suspense that was totally shocking and unexpected to believe . The way the author highlighted each scenes and characters of this book one can easily relate to the pain and sufferings of Black that went through during the 17th to 18th centuries .

There’s nothing that I didn’t like about this book . I loved it so much that I couldn’t resist myself to explore about her and her other books . The author is indeed a very talented writer who caught my attention to read more of her books . She really impressed me of her writing style .

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The reason is due to beautifully portraying the slavery system of America that dominated during the 17th to 18th century . And as I also mentioned above the capability of this book to switch on different emotional plugs , the feelings of thinking the characters as real although they were fictional made me not to deduct the star .

I recommend this book to the fans of historical novels . They would be able to enjoy each and every essence of this book and would also know the reason behind the Civil War of America ( 12 April 1861 – 9 May 1865 ) . They would be able to know about the Slavery Acts that were implemented on Blacks which is mentioned in the starting of each chapter . However , this book contains vulgar language and explicit scenes which only fits for adult audiences .

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”