Official Review: Here On Moon by Edward M. Krauss

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
JKO
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 108
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jko.html
Latest Review: Here On Moon by Edward M. Krauss

Official Review: Here On Moon by Edward M. Krauss

Post by JKO »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Here On Moon" by Edward M. Krauss.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Carole finishes work twenty-four hours earlier than expected and decides to go home. After opening the front door, she hears the shower running. She thinks it’s her husband in the shower and takes off her clothes to join him, but she is shocked to her bones to find Ken, her husband, and another woman naked in the bath.

The crisis gets even worse for Carole when Ken moves out of the house and files for a divorce. According to Ken, the divorce request isn't a result of another woman in his life but the fact that he is no longer in love with her. Can Carole save her marriage? If not, would she be able to fall in love again? How would she explain the situation to her daughter, sister, and parents? Find out the answers to the previous questions and more in this novel called Here On Moon by Edward M. Krauss.

I think it is apparent that Krauss knows how to deliver a story in a way that the reader can follow the storyline without being confused at any point. I say this because I didn’t encounter any issues with the storyline throughout the book, owing to the novel’s excellent plot. However, what I enjoyed about the book is not limited to the plot. I also loved several characters in the book. I loved Jamie, Carole's and Ken's daughter. I felt she was matured and handled the situation with her parents as best she could. I loved Ralph; I felt he was full of humor. Likewise, I loved Dr. Ckeye, Carole's therapist; I felt she was not only full of wisdom but also passionate about her job, even as an octogenarian. I have to say that Krauss has done an excellent job with character development.

Another thing I enjoyed was Tom's and Ralph's humorous discussions. Tom is the husband to Gracie, Carole's friend, and Ralph is Tom's friend that he (Tom) and Gracie want to hook up with Carole. Even though most of their discussions had a lot of profanities, I enjoyed them not only because of how often they cracked me up but also because they seemed like natural discussions between buddies. Also, I enjoyed that the author often gave me a peek into what Ralph was thinking. I found his thoughts funny as well, especially when he said different things from what he was thinking.

Even though the author organizes the story satisfactorily, this fast-paced story is not unique. I have read a lot of stories and seen a lot of movies that have this same storyline. As a result, I was not in suspense throughout the story, and I was able to make a correct guess about the outcome of the story when I was halfway through the book. Secondly, I would have loved to read more about Ken. I think it would have been interesting to find out how he ended up, as well as his thoughts on what seemed to be Carole's “win.”

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars. The star I removed is a result of the issues I discussed in the previous paragraph. I didn't rate the novel any less than I have because the book is well written. Moreover, the text is professionally edited. I recommend Here On Moon to fans of romance novels. However, for sensitive readers that are affected by profanity, I advise that you sit this one out, as this book is riddled with non-borderline profane words. Happy reading!

Here On Moon
View: on Bookshelves
ikechukwuamarachi+55
Currently Reading: Running the Sahara
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ikechukwuamarachi+55 »

I'm actually a fan of romance novels. This is YES for me.
Drianie
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Protectors of the Black Prince by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by Drianie »

It is difficult to put a new spin on tropes and make your story stand out from the crowd. Still, it will be interesting to find how Carol "won" in the end. It's good to know you enjoyed the different characters you mentioned. Thanks for the insightful review!
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by WADonnelly »

I often see many books like this and they always follow them same storyline. I suppose it is a mould that works but can be monotonous.
Suzer6440 xyz
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Favorite Book: The Girl Who Lived
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-suzer6440-xyz.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by Suzer6440 xyz »

Not so sure about this . This honest review made me choose to not read this book
Wamakima
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz

Post by Wamakima »

The good thing about romance fiction is that, even though the storylines are similar and you know how it will end, you'll still get that giddy feeling caused by a good ending.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”