Review by Emilija123 -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Jou...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Emilija123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emilija123.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Emilija123 -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Jou...

Post by Emilija123 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden is the first book in the trilogy. It starts when Lily, dark skin color girl is being sold by her father to be a slave in Adams family. She was devastated until she met the youngest Jesse's son James. Because of their same age, they became best friends and she was seeing differently the cruel world she was in.
At that time almost every rich family had a piano. Mothers will teach their children to play music. Unfortunately, Lily didn't have that luxury. It was forbidden for slaves to play the piano. One more thing to add to that misery is that Lily loved listening to it and she was desperate to get her hands on it. That's when she started hiding on the stairs and listening to the music. She tried to remember every note by just listening to it. She succeeded in that and every time she could she would sneak and play it. She played every note from her head and never missed a single one.
Enroll in Lily's journey of music and slavery, and find out how she is going through everything and if James is with her on her path of life.

My emotions while reading this book were on a rollercoaster. At the same time, I wanted to cry and jump from happiness. I had goosebumps the whole time.
I fell in love with Londyn Skye as a writer because she showed me that not every human being is mean and evil. And being different in the time of slaves is a big thing. She also showed me what friendship and true love is.
I always say that kids are the purest beings on Earth. That's one more thing she showed me in this book. Kids don't care about age, gender, and someone's skin color. They love you for who you are.

The only thing that made it harder for me to read the book was the accent she put with apostrophes. I was struggling to read it normally, but I got used to it as the book continued.

I would recommend this book to everyone who wants to learn something about the time of slaves, but also to learn that nothing is important as having someone to love and someone who will be there no matter what and who you are.

Rating this book 4 out of 4 stars, there were no mistakes, and I'm looking forward to reading the rest.

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”