Official Review: Remembering Hope by Parastoo Rezai

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Christabel Uzoamaka
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Lingering Poets
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-uzoamaka.html
Latest Review: Atlantis Revealed by Riaan Booysen

Official Review: Remembering Hope by Parastoo Rezai

Post by Christabel Uzoamaka »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Remembering Hope" by Parastoo Rezai.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes we plan things, but the universe has other plans. When Shirin sets Bahar up with her cousin, Omid, it is love at first sight for the two adults. They marry months after they meet. They plan to live a long and fulfilled life together, living long enough to see their grandchildren. But after twenty years together, Omid gets diagnosed with glioblastoma, a type of brain cancer. Bahar’s entire life is altered, and she must learn to be brave for both herself and her children. It seems that there is tragedy after tragedy for this strong woman. There are money problems, and she needs to get back to her long-abandoned career. Grab a copy of this book to find out how Bahar, with her family's help, navigates life after experiencing such hardships.

Remembering Hope by Parastoo Rezai was heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. The author perfectly wrote a story of sickness and tragedy while giving readers a feel of love and immense kindness. I felt so many emotions and once doubted that I could get through the book. Omid’s situation broke my heart, especially when I saw how it affected their kids. But the devotion and help that the family offered Bahar and Omid were beautiful to read. This talent that Rezai has shown is laudable. The writer infused Iranian culture in the story, allowing readers to immerse themselves in the vibrant culture and learn the different dishes.

The writer did a great job with the characterization. Every prominent character was wholesome. Each character had growth to match their present circumstance. Rezai gave the novel a realistic storyline. Nothing felt forced, not even Omid’s and Bahar’s rush to get married. When the illness came, Rezai showed all the stages of grief and sadness that Bahar had experienced. Also, Bahar did not get everything on a gold platter; she had to sort out her emotions, health, and finances with grit. Readers will appreciate the love that Bahar, her family, and her friends share. While readers learn of grief, they will also learn of rebirth and love.

I had nothing to dislike about this book. The story is told from Bahar’s perspective, showing her emotions and interpretations of every situation. This was a fitting narrative style because this is primarily Bahar’s story. Bahar showed immense strength; she was a skilled multitasker even though she doubted herself non-stop. If you are reading this review and you are a strong woman or want to be one, I strongly suggest that you read this book. Bahar’s story will make you laugh, cry, gasp, and will still inspire you. Not only Bahar, but readers will also be glad to meet Aunt Maryam, Golnaz, Stella, and Shirin. I especially loved Golnaz.

This book felt professionally edited, but I found some errors that should be corrected. Because I believe the book, despite the errors, is professionally edited, I rate it 4 out of 4 stars. The errors are not enough to deduct a star. I also recommend the book to people struggling with grief. Remembering Hope is sure to help you find some strength and hope. There is some eroticism, but there is no explicit content.

Remembering Hope
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

Thank you for the beautifully written review. It is helpful for those facing or dealing with loss to have a book that writes about this subject whilst offering the reader a sense of love, kindness and hope.
mlh6fn
Currently Reading: Stay Gold
Bookshelf Size: 270
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mlh6fn.html
Latest Review: I Am Unstoppable by Charmaine Marie

Post by mlh6fn »

Thank you for your review! I'm glad this story focuses on hope and love as much as grief. I typically read for some element of escapism so stories with tragedy don't typically go onto my list, but the family and support system that you describe sounds like a great balance.
Gbemisola Akinremi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35

Post by Gbemisola Akinremi »

Remembering Hope! A deep storyline I must say. I sure would love to read this endearing and encouraging book. Such beautiful and touching review, thank you.
smolbird
Favorite Author: Rick Riordan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 264
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smolbird.html
Latest Review: Pariah by Robert C. Swetz
fav_author_id: 2909

Post by smolbird »

Thank you for the lovely review. The challenges that their family went through will surely have me crying for hours on end.
"It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live." - Albus Dumbledore
Naaya123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-naaya123.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Naaya123 »

Seems quite interesting. Thank you for the detailed review!
Yvonne Monique
Favorite Book: To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: Healing Depression by C. Daley

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Just having lost a close friend due to a glioblastoma, I can fully relate to this story. Although this looks like a fictional story, it is reality for many people, unfortunately.
Anna Bookowski
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna-bookowski.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Anna Bookowski »

What a wonderful review! Well done! I must admit that at the first sight at the cover I thought it was a romance. I was surprised to read it was a story of love and sickness, of dealing with such serious and sad issues. It seems like a beautiful and heartbreaking story. I can't even imagine being in a similar situation, and I admire people's strenght to deal with something like this. I'm afraid this book would have a depressing impact on me - I'm probably to sensitive for this sort of stories and I believe I would cry my eyes out.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I like that the book is based on common sense and family values.
Brenda Creech
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Mary Pat Ferron Caines
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 356
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brenda-creech.html
Latest Review: Was She Crying for Me? by Jerry Hyde
fav_author_id: 253250

Post by Brenda Creech »

This sounds like a beautiful story. From your excellent review, it sounds like the author knows how to write emotions into the book. Grief can be a long or short process, but the support of family and friends is essential while trying to deal with so much emotion. Thanks for the wonderful recommendation!
B. Creech
"Like beauty in the eyes, the divinity of the rose may be in the nose that smells it, and the lover that beholds it." Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
G_CReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-g-creads.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by G_CReads »

Thank you for this awesome review. The story sounds very interesting and highly educating. I must commend the author of this book for making it an eye-catcher. Can't wait to read the story in full.
Sou Hi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sou-hi.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by Sou Hi »

Thanks for your review. It seems Bahar's life has turned upside down since the health of her husband, Omid, worsens, and she is forced to face a harsh life.
Manang Muyang
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I think I will need several boxes of tissues for this story. I am eager to meet Bahar, nonetheless, and Golnaz, too.
Last edited by Manang Muyang on 05 Jun 2021, 08:33, edited 1 time in total.
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1429
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

After reading your review, I've decided to add this to my WTR list. Thank you so much! You really did this book justice! :-)

Today's BOTD appears to include elements from a variety of genres, but those who enjoy romance and books with strong female characters about family, love, loss, and rebirth will enjoy it most. The characters are well-developed, helping readers feel emotionally connected to each of them, as well as the hardships they faced, their grief, and their strength to keep moving forward despite tragedy. Thank you again! I'm looking forward to reading this. It really sounds amazing! :-)
Kaushiki Parihar
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kaushiki-parihar.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Kaushiki Parihar »

I would love to read a book that is both heartwarming and heartbreaking. Reading your beautiful review make me feel like I will be crying after reading Bahar's story. This book is definitely going in my want to read shelf.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”