Review by thesteadfastnurse -- The Prodigy Slave, Book O...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
thesteadfastnurse
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-thesteadfastnurse.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by thesteadfastnurse -- The Prodigy Slave, Book O...

Post by thesteadfastnurse »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The book, The Prodigy Slave is written by London Sky. The story is about Lily, a slave whose mother was also a slave. Her father,Alex, was her mother's master. When her father sold Lily to Jesse Adams it seemed as if her whole life would be an endless horror of being treated like she is less than human . In the story, Lily develops a friendship that changes her whole life. She, despite all of the trauma that is thrown at her, finds moments of happiness in some of the most unexpected places.

While reading this book, I felt so many emotions. The author knew exactly what wording to use to make you feel angry and sad because of the horrific treatment that Lily and many other slaves endured. In the next moment, you felt happy that she found just a piece of joy. I cried, I laughed, and I felt suprised in each meaningful moment displayed in this story. The moments of sadness were extreme, as they should be. You could feel the immense sadness she felt while reading the part where she feels like she may have to endure more unspeakable horror. A picture is painted by this author that is bold and explicit on what Lily went through as a slave. However, once you start thinking that the story will take you one way, something happens and you feel a whole new set of feelings. In retrospect, the author's words help you empathize in so many ways that you feel as if you're in this story with Lily. Be prepared to be continuously surprised by Lily's journey. My question is this: Will Lily live happily, finally?

This story was well edited. I didn't notice any mistakes with punctuation or spelling.

The only negative I noticed was that some of the story had so much detail that it was hard to continue in some very small parts of this book. I just took time in those moments to take a reading break.
I rate this book a 4 out of 4. It speaks to your soul as a reader. You feel what Lily feels. I was left wanting to start the next book immediately!

This book is meant for a mature audience due to the graphic nature of the story itself,
as well as explicit sexual content. This story is good for readers who like to be surprised by romantic and heartfelt stories.

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
kalgaonkarsnehal
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Favorite Author: Susan Elizabeth Phillips
Favorite Book: Wish You Well
Currently Reading: Connect the Dots
Bookshelf Size: 88
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kalgaonkarsnehal.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 15638

Post by kalgaonkarsnehal »

Loved this book! I read all three volumes since I couldn't stop at the first cone, considering the cliffhanger at the end of the first one. Great job on the review!! I loved Lily and William's chemistry.
Also- the fact that the deplorable way in which slaves were treated, as explained in the book seems to be as close to reality, and the tragedy of that adds another dimension to the story. It was not easy to read.
“Your assumptions are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light won't come in.” ― Isaac Asimov :techie-studyinggray: :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”