Official Review: Love on the Basketball Court

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cynthia Olyy
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-olyy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Official Review: Love on the Basketball Court

Post by Cynthia Olyy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Love on the Basketball Court" by Scarlet C. Rose.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Marcela Elvira is surprised to see that Sarah Wood also got admitted into the basketball team. She is the girl that has always competed against her, even though they attended different High Schools, and never left her beaten hands down. Marcela does not know what makes her cringe the most—that Sarah Wood is her long-time competitor, that she is probably proud because she attended one of the best schools around, that both of them will now work together as members of the same team, or that she will be stuck with this rival of hers for a whole year as roommates. As time goes on, it turns out that both girls have a wrong perspective of each other. While Sarah Wood has had a long-standing crush on Marcela Elvira since their High School day when they played for their different school, Marcela discovers Sarah is both friendly and interesting. Love on the Basketball Court by Scarlet C. Rose tells us how these two manage through the one-year program in the basketball team.

The book is both interesting and engaging; I enjoyed every page of it. It is not one of those books that start dry and get fired up just before it ends. No. This one starts with a very interesting chapter, maintains the pace, and leaves no cliffhanger. I appreciate the author's creativity in leaving no cliffhanger, especially when I saw at the end of the book that he is working on a second book in this series. I couldn't help but wonder what storyline will this second book envelope since, for me, the first book is a wrap. I just can't wait to lay my hands on it.

This book is an interesting long read. It contains slightly over fifty chapters. These chapters are themed by events as they unfold in the eyes of either Marcela Elvira or Sarah Wood. What this means is that the book is written in the first-person narrative by giving a voice to either Sarah or Marcela. I appreciate this concept, especially the characters whose voices are used. Marcela and Sarah are the major characters, therefore, seeing things from their perspective is the best way to capture the plot in the interest of readers. I love this the most about the book.

My favorite character in the book is Marcela Elvira. So many things stood out for me about her. Foremost is her passion for basketball. She gives this career everything she's got. Secondly, her persistence and consistency are second to none. There is this girl, Danielle, who will not stop showing her how incapable she is in the team, but Marcela never gives up. Instead, she takes it as a challenge and motivation to work on herself and of course, get better. The best part of her life that struck me the most is her self-discovery journey. It is weird that at her age, she has not done most of the things that her mates have done. According to her, it's not just about her being restricted to doing these things, but she just doesn't know the direction to go about them. She doesn't understand herself in that light, and the little signs that pop up, she tries to suppress them because she does not think it is what society expects from her, especially her family. The story of Marcela is inspirational, and I drew my lessons from it.

I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It is impeccably edited. I found no errors. However, readers should note that there is a very high use of profanity. This could make you uncomfortable if you don't always enjoy books with lots of them. There are sexual references and of course, sex scenes that discourage me from recommending the book to young readers. Instead, I recommend it to every mature reader who enjoys the genre of romance. There is an important notice to give: the kind of romance contained in this book is not something completely conventional and may not appeal to every kind of reader. Of course, this is the only thing I find uncomfortable about the book. Overall, I hope the author does not stop writing.

Love on the Basketball Court
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Excel 2021
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-2021.html
Latest Review: Trauma by Cynthia Fridsma

Post by Excel 2021 »

Love and friendship is a theme not often talked about. But am happy to read this. However, it is long. Great review
Tosin Olabode
Currently Reading: The Selection
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tosin-olabode.html
Latest Review: Breakers by Barry Litherland

Post by Tosin Olabode »

It's not often you see a book about two young women who are just friends without throwing in lots of boy drama. So it is refreshing to see this. Great review!
RHD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rhd.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by RHD »

Basketball and romance huh? Seems like a generally fine read. Thank you for your well-done review 👏
WILSON BIWOTT
Bookshelf Size: 3

Post by WILSON BIWOTT »

The book is more interesting to read its has a lot of thing to learn has person .the book also has many things that build . :D
Isha Upadhyay
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Isha Upadhyay »

The book is nice and is interesting .
This is really good combination of basketball and romance especially between the girls.
The second series book is awaiting.
There is less boys drama 😉.
Elendu Ekechukwu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elendu-ekechukwu.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Elendu Ekechukwu »

I love the fact that there isn't much boys drama. Finding love on a basketball court sounds weird and interesting
Rizki Pradana
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rizki-pradana.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Rizki Pradana »

When I see the title, I know the story will be an interesting one. Especially when it was related to love and friendship.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”