Review by Mvedder -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journe...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Mvedder
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mvedder.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Mvedder -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journe...

Post by Mvedder »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

A slave girl with an incredible talent and a white man with a secret love make for an emotional rollercoaster. Imagine falling in love with someone who seems forever out of reach. Your family, society and the law tell you that you are wrong, that these feelings are not allowed. London Skye’s book The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden takes us through these feelings and on an amazing journey.

Lily was born into slavery despite having a white man for a father. Following a cruel twist of fate, she finds that she has a unique talent and begins to develop it in secret. Once this talent is discovered by her master’s son James, he makes it known that he intends to punish her severely. He gives the illusion of fitting the image that his ultra-racist father Jesse prefers but instead he chooses to send her on a path so unbelievable even she can’t comprehend what is happening.

Follow along on a journey of love, heartache and self-discovery to see if love really does conquer all.

London Skye takes what you think will be a straightforward story and adds so many twists and turns you cannot predict what will happen next. This book moves along at a quick pace with few slow parts.

The writing was vivid and the characters really came to life. Skye really developed the characters so they felt like actual people. The internal struggle that James and Lily faced in regards to the laws and their feelings for each other provided a brilliant backdrop for the story.

There was nothing about this book I disliked. Skye has a very captivating style of writing and was able to effortlessly switch between the viewpoints of different characters without confusion. The book came together seamlessly and the editing was top-notch.

I rate The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden 4 out of 4 stars. It was a highly addictive read and very difficult to find a good stopping point. It ended on such a cliff hanger than I found myself diving immediately into the next part of the series. I wouldn’t hesitate to reread this book again in the future.

An excellent piece of historical fiction; I recommend a mature audience for this book due to the graphic sex and violence depicted. Readers of a more sensitive nature may find the contents to be disturbing.

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”