Review by Solus -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey ...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Solus
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-solus.html
Latest Review: Adrift by Charlie Sheldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review by Solus -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey ...

Post by Solus »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Prodigy Slave: Journey to Winter Garden is a book written by Londyn Skye. This book is the tale of Lily, a girl born into slavery and wrenched from her mother’s embrace at a very young age. Terrified, alone and removed from the only life she knows, Lily finds herself on the auction block where she’s sold and taken away by a new master. James is the son of a slave owner. He is a humble, kind and generous child, despite his upbringing and circumstances. The moment James sees Lily, he’s fascinated by the new house slave his father has purchased. The children form a close friendship and find solace in each other’s company. Unexpectedly, disaster strikes. Will their friendship survive the storm?

The Prodigy Slave: Journey to Winter Garden is a book about love, friendship, success and surviving against all odds. It is intense, emotional and incredibly captivating. The author sent my emotions on a roller coaster ride. I often laughed and cried with the characters. I felt their hope, pain and anger. Every time I picked it up, I found myself buried deep in Lily and Jame’s world. This book is sweet, intense, frightening and most of all, heartbreaking. As I read, I predicted the outcome of each situation and fell short every single time. I found this novel filled with many twists and turns. It kept me on my toes. I loved it and, will have to continue on this journey to find out what happens next.

London Skye’s character development was excellent as she built each character to a point where they weren’t just characters in a book, anymore. They became human. Close friends, you grow to love.

I enjoyed reading The Prodigy Slave: Journey to Winter Garden. It is one of my favourite books. I’m eager to read the other two in the series. Including the slave code at the beginning of each chapter was very insightful, as it gives you an idea of the laws created in the name of slavery. The only thing I didn’t enjoy was reading about some events which shaped each character. The trauma they experienced can be quite upsetting. However, it is a necessary part of character development and an integral part of the storyline. Therefore, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars instead of a lower rating of 3 stars.

I would recommend The Prodigy Slave: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye to adults who enjoy reading romance novels. I would not recommend it to younger readers as it contains sexual content, foul language and violence. I found no spelling errors. The author inserted grammatical errors to portray the character’s dialect and were therefore necessary to the story. I found the writing was clear, to the point, and easily understood.

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”