Official Review: One moment, just an eternity

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Elvis Best
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: The consequence of deception by Clarissa nightingale

Official Review: One moment, just an eternity

Post by Elvis Best »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "One moment, just an eternity" by Smaragdi Mitropoulou.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

One Moment, Just an Eternity, written by Smaragdi Mitropoulou, is a novel that consists of two parts. The first part, which makes up almost half of the novel, narrates the love story of two people whose lives are forever changed by an irreversible incident. The second part consists of eight short stories, with the themes of love and chasing one’s dream running through most of them.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed the love stories in One Moment, Just an Eternity. There was something about the love stories that struck a chord in my heart and made me sympathize with the characters. Indeed, from the first page to the last, I was engrossed in the novel, turning the pages as fast as my fingers could allow.

Furthermore, I was blown away by the author’s exquisite writing. Often, it felt as though I were reading poetry — beautiful, delicate poetry that took my breath away and left me hanging onto every word for dear life. Take, for example, the following excerpt from the novel: "For years you've waited for a word, a move from me! For years I've waited for a word, a move from you! How did you and I become strangers? All the time… all the time I kept thinking about you. Even when…” (p. 62).

The one thing I liked most was the emotional nature of the novel. Most of the stories were poignant yet inspirational. Truly, I found inspiration in “The Dance of Ayse” and was affected deeply by “The Tale of Shehrazade.” All these stories narrate powerful tales that I believe will stay in the mind of the reader for a long time to come.

Nonetheless, I had one issue with One Moment, Just an Eternity. The novel started at a slow pace, which made it quite difficult for me to understand the story from the beginning. As a result, the initial pages were a bit difficult and boring to get through. Apart from that, however, I enjoyed the rest of the novel quite well.

Considering the aforementioned points, I rate One Moment, Just an Eternity 4 out of 4 stars. Undoubtedly, I had a pleasant time reading the novel, and so the minor issue mentioned above could not persuade me to deduct a star from the perfect rating. Finally, I would recommend the novel to anyone who enjoys reading romance novels. Most importantly, I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys reading novels filled with exquisite writing that could just take one’s breath away.

One moment, just an eternity
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Ayindelaw
2021 Reading Goal: 25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayindelaw.html
Latest Review: The Way Things Go by Roz Ripley

Post by Ayindelaw »

Oh boy, I like exquisite writing, and I can see that there are a few "lines" in it (you know the drill right? lol). I don't like slow and meandering beginnings either, but it seems the author made up for it, which says a lot. Nice one, Elvis.
Innovations are usually the result of desperate times
Elvis Best
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elvis-best.html
Latest Review: The consequence of deception by Clarissa nightingale

Post by Elvis Best »

Ayindelaw wrote: 07 Jan 2021, 02:35 Oh boy, I like exquisite writing, and I can see that there are a few "lines" in it (you know the drill right? lol). I don't like slow and meandering beginnings either, but it seems the author made up for it, which says a lot. Nice one, Elvis.
Thanks for your comment, Ayindelaw. I appreciate your feedback.
"People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within." -Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Juliet+1
Favorite Book: The Elephants of Style
Currently Reading: Redhead By the Side of the Road
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliet-1.html
Latest Review: LMF by Malcolm Havard

Post by Juliet+1 »

Nice review. This sounds like a great book. If all of it is as good as that quote you shared, it must be a lovely read. I'm curious about one thing. Are the eight short stories related to the first part? And are they related to each other at all, or just standalones?

/
Latest Review: LMF by Malcolm Havard
Excel 2021
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-excel-2021.html
Latest Review: Living Forward After Loss by Kathleen Ho

Post by Excel 2021 »

It looks like I just found the next novel on my reading list. Your review is as exquisite as it can be too
Kirsi_78
2021 Reading Goal: 30
Currently Reading: Where the Wings Grow
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirsi-78.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Kirsi_78 »

Oh my, you make this book sound really special 😁unfortunately I am not that excited about poetic style of writing. You mentioned there were eight stories in the second part of the book. Were they somehow related to the first part?

Thanks for an interesting review, it is obvious that you really enjoyed reading this book!
Vivdija
Currently Reading: How to be successful
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivdija.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant

Post by Vivdija »

I enjoyed reading your review. It is not only detailed but also engaging. I would love to read this book.

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”