Review by Ankita_1359 -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Jo...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ankita_1359
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ankita-1359.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Review by Ankita_1359 -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Jo...

Post by Ankita_1359 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you enjoy a book with a strong central character who is a Slave and her handsome owner? Or do you love reading stories which are set in old-time full of Lords? The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden, by Londyn Skye, is the book for you. Come and see a world that shows you how cruel the life of a slave can be.

The book is set in Virginia during the year 1845, where slave auctions are very common. Lily is a slave who gets snatched from her mother at the tender age of nine by her father unknown to her. When Lily was born, her mother thought she would be safe from the fate of being sold as a slave as Levi Collins always yearned for a daughter even after having six boys. Her assumptions prove wrong when Levi snatched her child, whom she fought for so hard, and sold her without batting an eye. At her new home, Lily develops a deep bond with her owner's son, James. But once his father gets the news, James is forced to end their friendship and eventually leaves for Medical school. Now, after six years, they both reunite. A secret skill that can change Lily's life and a friend whom she no longer can recognize. Will Lily's life take a turn for good or bad?

The story has a unique appeal to it. From the rules set for the slaves and the owners to the cruel way people treat the slaves, it is an eye-opener. I loved how deeply the author has expressed the characters' emotions when they go through such oppressions. We come across various hardships a slave goes through in their life, which touched me enormously. How one can challenge a society of narrow-minded people with their talent is one of my most appreciated part of the story. The bond that Lily shares with James made me enjoy the story. The characters make you connect to the plot instantly. The book gives out a compelling message which inspires me at a very intimate level. The plot was very gripping and will not let you put the book down. The ending indeed took me by surprise and made the whole story worth reading.

The author has used foul language in the book, which can make people uncomfortable. Also, the book has mature scenes, which make it inappropriate for children. The book is edited very well, which gives it a plus point.

I will give the book 4 out of 4 stars because of its encouraging story and beautiful message. The book is suitable for adult readers who love to read a story with strong characters and romance. This book would surely sate your thirst for a good romance novel.

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”