Review by Nash2Murph -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Jou...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nash2Murph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nash2murph.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Review by Nash2Murph -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Jou...

Post by Nash2Murph »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I had not heard of Londyn Skye before coming across this book but, now I am likely to seek out her other novels. The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden takes you back to the time of slavery, revealing the laws of the period further showing how hard it was for those in captivity. Having those additional pieces of information really lets you take in the journey that Lily had to go through, especially when the only person who cared about her undergoes a complete change. What started as a childhood friendship turned into a status quo of master and property, leaving Lily to find solace in playing the piano in secrecy. One day James finds her playing, and life is never the same.

This book was good about making you feel Lily being a slave as a child and into adulthood. It was good at educating on what was expected in the setting of the time period. I do not like media or books about slavery or any type of brutality against a group of people but, there was nothing about this story that was negative. If anything, this book lends a hand in making people understand and really empathize with the people who had to live through it.

I give this book a rating of 4 out of 4 because it was so well written and really sucked you into the past. There were no errors and the author seemed to have done extensive research to find the slave laws and the information about free states. This book proved to not only be entertaining but, also a bit educational. It piqued my interest to want to learn more.

Those who enjoy a historical romance may find this enjoyable. If you, like me, have a sensitivity to the unflattering parts of history then this may not be for you. I am very interested in seeing how Lily and James move forward, so I will be pushing myself to see the story through.

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”