Review by Njokime -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journe...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Njokime
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-njokime.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review by Njokime -- The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journe...

Post by Njokime »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden" by Londyn Skye.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

I bet there is nothing better than finding your passion and purpose in life. I believe this is a high like no other. The Prodigy Slave is a fictional romance story about Lily, born under the slavery times where having a dark complexion made you a slave. Lily was sold into slavery by her mother’s master, Levi Collins, who was also his father. This outrageous act was the beginning of a different life for lily. This book is about how lily finds her passion, which plays a role in her escaping misery and depression. All lily knew was that playing the piano brought her joy, numbed her pain, and gave her an escape. While playing the piano, she felt free. Her mind could take her to a place where pain could not touch her, where heartache did not exist, where tears were only from happiness. James was also one of the main reasons that made life bearable for lily. He is an essential character in this book because both of their lives are intertwined.

The way Londyn Skye has managed to describe the characters in this book is fascinating. The introduction to the story is very engaging and gives the reader the urge to continue reading. What I liked about this book is the time setting of the story. The romance fits in perfectly with the story. This book is an emotional roller coaster. It will leave you with the anticipation of knowing what will happen next. The true meaning of love becomes vague as you continue reading. It is a wonder how people fall in love knowing that it might result in happiness or heartbreak. I liked how the main character was strong, and her innocence made me like her more. It is not easy to go through such hardship and still have a bit of hope. One more knowledgeable thing I gained is the power of knowing what you are good at, pursuing it, and bringing it to life.

There is nothing I did not like about this book. I just kept reading. The flow of the book is also good.

The book is well-edited, apart from one omission. For all the fans of romance books, this is your go-to book. I enjoyed reading this first book The Winter Garden of the The Prodigy Slave series. The only way of knowing how good this book is is by trying the pudding. The proof of the pudding is in eating it.

Love, betrayal, misery, hate, and drama are all covered in this book. This book is only suitable for adults. I award this book a rating of 4 out of 4 stars because I can attest that everyone who enjoys romance stories will love it, and I was fascinated by it.

The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”