Official Review: April's Heart by Shilah Ferr

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DEEPA PUJARI
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-deepa-pujari.html
Latest Review: April's Heart by Shilah Ferr
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Official Review: April's Heart by Shilah Ferr

Post by DEEPA PUJARI »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "April's Heart" by Shilah Ferr.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

APRIL’S HEART by Shilah Ferr is a story about a young girl named April Schweiter and her beautiful journey from adolescence to adulthood. The book takes you into the world of teenagers that is full of ups and downs.

April Schweiter is thirteen years old when her life starts changing. She meets Mitchell Hudgin and instantly falls in love with him. April is the head of the cheerleaders and very popular in school. Mitchell is a handsome young boy who adores April for her confidence, intelligence, and beauty. Their relation is full of passion, desire, and sparkle. Their love story is like a rollercoaster ride due to their indecisiveness and because of April’s controlling mother. They manage to get back together by the end of high school but have to soon part ways to go to college. Will Mitchell and April be able to keep their romance alive in a long-distance relationship? Read the book to find out more.

What I liked most about this book is that it reminded me of my teenage. It brings to life the love and friendship that youngsters share in high school. The book imparts a sense of nostalgia that many of us will be able to relate to. The crux of the book is its passionate and exciting love story. The author has done a commendable job in describing the young forbidden romance between April and Mitchell. April’s feelings for Mitchell are both innocent and passionate. The magic of first love is well-described in this book. I could feel butterflies in my stomach while reading the book. The detailed way in which the author explains the feelings of teenagers is on the spot. I was totally in love with the character of April by the end of the book.

There is nothing I disliked about this book. The romance and the high school life portrayed in the book are like a breath of fresh air. The author has thoughtfully added links to songs that complement the story and enhance the experience of reading. I enjoyed listening to the songs while reading the book.

This book is well-written and professionally edited. The story is light-hearted and captivating. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and rate it 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to all adults above the age of 18 years. This book will be loved by those who have been fortunate to fall in love.

April's Heart
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords
AtienoMagero
2021 Reading Goal: 20
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atienomagero.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by AtienoMagero »

I really like your review. This book has a very interesting plot that I'm sure many readers will love. I'm a big fan of romance novels and I'm sure this one won't disappoint. Fantastic review!
amrinzaeda
2021 Reading Goal: 12
Currently Reading: The Mindset
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amrinzaeda.html
Latest Review: One If by Carol B Allen

Post by amrinzaeda »

Sounds like a really sweet story! Young love is so pure, this book must have been nice to read. Thanks for the great review!
Drianie
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Currently Reading: Great Expectations
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-drianie.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Drianie »

I can see how this book can evoke a feeling of nostalgia for high school and young love. The many ups and downs of April's experiences while growing up can be relatable to many readers. Thanks for your insightful review!
Liumei
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Liumei »

It's about first love that all of us can be related to. As teenagers that have a rollercoaster period. This is going to be a delightful read because it takes us back to the exciting teenage days. Love your review !
Eddy E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Eddy E »

Truth be told the book is so relatable. I remember my first love in high school too. I like high school drama books, sometimes it take the us away from the hardships of life and brings us into another reality where we can just enjoy and reminisce
Reviewer100
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reviewer100.html
Latest Review: Please Don't Tell Cooper He's A Dog by Michelle Lander Feinberg

Post by Reviewer100 »

I really would like my teenage daughters to read this one. It has so much to teach.
Bookishkrish24
Currently Reading: Memory Thieves
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookishkrish24.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Bookishkrish24 »

That seems to be a good book. I hope this book belongs to those categories of books that leaves a sweet taste in your mouth. Thanks for the review. I will certainly read that book.
Amy+++
Favorite Book: The Mister
Currently Reading: Midnight Sun
Bookshelf Size: 216
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins
Reading Device: B01CRGNO4S

Post by Amy+++ »

I am definitely hooked. The star crossed lovers theme appeals to me.
Lunastella
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 100
Currently Reading: My Not-So Secret
Bookshelf Size: 1991
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lunastella.html
Latest Review: Depression Where by Briana Isham

Post by Lunastella »

I couldn't be paid enough to go back to my teenage years. So much drama! But you're right, there's something special about that first love. I married mine! 💞I love a good romance novel. Thank you!
dcruzsammy
2021 Reading Goal: 35
Currently Reading: The Stolen Heir
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by dcruzsammy »

This definitely looks like the type of book that I read a lot during my teenage years. It will be nice to re-visit that part of my life by getting back to these kind of stories. The review does make me want to read it. Already in line on my read list.
B Creech
Previous Member of the Month
2021 Reading Goal: 50
Favorite Book: The Reel Sisters
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-creech.html
Latest Review: Love Through All Strife by J. P. Hogan

Post by B Creech »

This sounds like a beautifully romantic story! I love a good romance novel whether it is about teenage love or adults. Thirteen is awfully young to truly fall in love, so I can see why April's mother might have been a bit 'controlling!' Of course, without reading the book, I don't know the story behind April's and her mother's relationship, so I will wait to pass judgment! Thanks for a great review!
B. Creech
Stephanie Elizabeth
2021 Reading Goal: 15
Currently Reading: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-elizabeth.html
Latest Review: Last Dance by Stephen Manning

Post by Stephanie Elizabeth »

This would be a perfect book for fans of romantic fiction, particularly teens. This sounds like an heart-wrenching coming-of-age book that explores the ups and downs of relationships. Thanks for the great review.
Yvonne Monique
2021 Reading Goal: 35
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yvonne-monique.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by Yvonne Monique »

Sounds like a great book to remember our teenage years and to travel back to those times where we did not have much to worry about.
Devalsodha
Currently Reading: Intwine
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-devalsodha.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Devalsodha »

Love stories are always close to heart.
This sounds to be a passionate and interesting book.
The review is awesome too 👍

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”