Review by Veena_Balakrishnan -- The Raven's Trail (Book 1)

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veena_Balakrishnan
Favorite Book: The Alchemist
Currently Reading: Eleven Minutes
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veena-balakrishnan.html
Latest Review: The Binding Stone by Liz D. Marx

Review by Veena_Balakrishnan -- The Raven's Trail (Book 1)

Post by Veena_Balakrishnan »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Raven's Trail (Book 1)" by Liz D. Marx.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Raven's Trail - Book One by Liz D Marx is a historical fiction based on the Tula tribe of Native Americans. Chloe Doyle, a historian at The Smithsonian Institution in Washington, D.C., has been recurrently dreaming about a long lost Indian tribe and a young maiden Adsila, the daughter of their Chenesi. 'Lady' is her imaginary friend who guides her to find the meaning of these dreams or visions, ultimately revealing her true self.

The journey begins when Chloe finds an artifact at the Institution that she had dreamt. The stone illuminates at her touch, light pouring out of the ancient carvings on its surface. With her profound knowledge of Native American history, Chloe is determined to unveil the mystery of the stone as well as her dreams.

Embarking on this path of life, she meets Mason green, an embodiment of Prince Kaye from the dreams, and they eventually fall in love. At the end of an eventful, adventurous, and magical expedition, they reinvent the purpose of their existence.

An intriguing story indeed, Liz D Marx has been successful in telling the tale in all the mojo and awe it stands for. The Tula tribe of Native Americans is known only through the chronicles of the Spanish conquistador Hernando de Soto. The tribe is allegedly famous for its magical, supernatural concepts and rituals. The author reimagines the story of the tribe and its extermination, taking it to another level through the protagonists.

Marx has well portrayed the intensity of the emotions that Adsila and Kaye have to go through. Meanwhile, she has made sure that the readers do not get confused between the dreams and reality. Chapter breaks are wherever necessary and apt. She also provides a glossary of the Native American terms used; at the very beginning.

I have encountered only a few errors throughout the book. Though the story is very engaging, it has a slight inclination to the clichés. I rate this book a 3 out of 4 stars, reducing one star for the reasons mentioned above. Otherwise, the book proves to be a good read all the same.

I am happy to recommend this book to young readers who still believe in the magic and mysteries of life. The book can turn out to be unputdownable to the dreamy ones who love imagining themselves to be a character out of a story, and mostly teenagers. The book ends with a cliffhanger indicating a Part 2 - The Binding Stone (The Raven's Trail - Book 2). It was delighting and worthwhile reading the book.

The Raven's Trail (Book 1)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mubu Mubarish1430
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mubu Mubarish1430 »

this is a best and detailed review. This review shows the depth of the story with a perfect explanation. Thank You so much for this review
Veena_Balakrishnan

Mubu Mubarish1430 wrote: ↑10 Jan 2021, 00:18 this is a best and detailed review. This review shows the depth of the story with a perfect explanation. Thank You so much for this review
Thankyou for your feedback! :tiphat:
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: Tales of the 70's by D.Done

Post by markodim721 »

Veena, thanks for the quality and honest review. It is a pity that some parts of the book are dominated by clichés.
Kmkiiti
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Kmkiiti »

I've read the book and I agree with this review. Thanks for the well detailed review
Veena_Balakrishnan

markodim721 wrote: ↑21 Apr 2021, 12:58 Veena, thanks for the quality and honest review. It is a pity that some parts of the book are dominated by clichés.
It sure is a pity... You are welcome and thank you too for the comment! :D
Veena_Balakrishnan

Kmkiiti wrote: ↑25 Apr 2021, 06:48 I've read the book and I agree with this review. Thanks for the well detailed review
Thank you! I will be reviewing the second part of the book too... do read! :D

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”